PROKON® Structural Analysis and Design is a suite of over forty structural analysis, design and detailing programs. The first PROKON programs were developed in 1989, and today PROKON is used worldwide in over eighty countries. The suite is modular in nature, but its true power lies in the tight integration between analysis, design and detailing programs.
PROKON has been improving the lives of structural engineers everywhere for more than two decades.
By Engineers, for Engineers
PROKON is developed and supported by a team of professional engineers and intended for use by structural engineers and technicians. The software provides quick and reliable answers to everyday structural engineering problems:
A collection of geotechnical analysis modules is also available as part of the PROKON suite.
The PROKON suite is modular, yet integrated. Some modules can be used stand-alone, or in conjunction with others. The suite offers a powerful workflow from structural analysis, steel and concrete design, and detailing.
You can use the Concrete Base Design module, for example, on its own or link to it from the Frame Analysis results to have all the design loads entered automatically. Likewise, you can manually detail a concrete footing in Padds, or design the footing in the Concrete Base Design module and have it generate a drawing and bending schedule for you.
When it comes to ordering PROKON, you can tailor your license to your unique requirements by including only those modules that you really need. You also have the option of configuring two program sets in your license: each set with a unique selection of modules. For example, one set in the license may be geared for the steel designers in your office (e.g. Frame Analysis plus some steel design modules) and the other set for the concrete designers and detailers (Frame Analysis plus some concrete design modules and Padds). This flexibility allows you to minimise your financial expense while still maintaining optimum work flow between team members.
PROKON software uses a very flexible licensing scheme:
- Modular software: Every PROKON module can be used on its own, and most modules work together to integrate your analysis, design and detailing workflow. Being modular means you can order only the modules you need; no need to pay for features you don't use.
- Short-term license option: In addition to the conventional way of purchasing software, you can rent PROKON modules on an annual basis. You may have a special project, for example, that requires certain design modules that you would not normally use.
- Install anywhere: Install PROKON anywhere that you can access it: on a network server, on a drive on your computer, or even on a USB flash drive.
Access from anywhere: Log in and use a license from any computer that has the PROKON installed or that can access a PROKON installation in the network. Work at your desktop in the office, at a branch office, in the field, or at home.
- Concurrent use: Users in your organisation can share a license. The number of simultaneous users is determined by the number of workstations contained in your license.
- Annual rental: Modules are prices extremely reasonably for annual rental.
- Purchase: The purchase price of any given module is typically equal to three times the annual rental price.
- Multi-workstation discount: Except for a few exceptions*, you qualify for a 50% discount on any additional copies you order. If you purchase three copies of a particular module, the first copy will be at the normal price and the second and third copies at 50% each.
- Upgrades: When upgrading purchased software, the price is calculated at 20% of the prevailing purchase price multiplied by the number of years since purchase or last upgrade. If you purchased two years ago, for example, you can upgrade your programs for a fee of 20% of the current price.
- Maintenance agreement: Clients with maintenance agreement for their purchased programs pay a reduced annual upgrade fee of 15% of the prevailing purchase price.
Depending on the status of your license, technical support and program updates (collectively referred to as software maintenance) is available free of charge:
- Annual rental: Programs work for a period of 12 months. During the rental period, you can obtain free technical support and program updates.
- Purchase: The programs are yours to used without any expiry date. Software maintenance is available for a period on one year after purchase. After that date you can buy an upgrade to extend your software maintenance by one year. You can also enter into a maintenance agreement to ensure continuous software maintenance at a preferential rate.
*Note: Different pricing structures apply to Padds, and extensions developed for AutoCAD® and Revit®. Refer to the relevant product pages for more information.