You can use the PROKON® Setup Package for a new installation of or upgrading of an existing installation of PROKON® suite of structural analysis and design programs. You can also use the Setup Package to install a demonstration version of the PROKON®.
Note: The PROKON® Setup Package installs the essential PROKON® components. If any additional components are needed, the system will automatically download and install them for you.
Downloading and installing PROKON®
- Click the link alongside to download the PROKON® Setup Package to your computer's hard drive. (System requirements)
- Run the donwloaded program and follow the prompts to install PROKON® Structural Analysis & Design.
- Optional: After installation, run PROKON® Structural Analysis & Design and then use the Live Update function on the Home tab to install any revisions that may have been published after the Setup Package was compiled.
Activating your PROKON® installation
Depending on whether you activate your PROKON® installation, all or only some program features will be available:
- Licensed mode: If you have purchased a PROKON® license before, run PROKON®, log in to License Manger and select the license to use.
Demo mode: You can use PROKON® without activating it. When not activated, the programs will function in demo mode with some features disabled or limited.
When running in demo mode, some features of PROKON Structural Analysis and Design will be disabled or limited. Should you wish to evaluate all features of the suite, you are welcome to request a free limited-time trial license.
All PROKON modules include documentation and/or examples on their Help menu. The printed User's Guides are no longer maintained; refer to the program Help for the latest information. Below are PDF versions of the last User's Guides that were published:
- PROKON User's Guide (11 MB, published March 2010)
- Padds User's Guide and Reference Guide (4MB, published June 2003)
Minimum system requirements:
- PC with 1GB or 2GB RAM (depending on version of Windows) and 1,024 x 768 SVGA display.
- Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8 or Windows 10 (32-bit or 64-bit).
- PC with dual CPU cores, 8GB RAM or more.
- Nvidia Quaddro FX or equivalent graphics adaptor that supports OpenGL and hardware acceleration.
- Installing the software on a solid state drive (SSD) and/or setting the working folder to an SSD will greatly increase performance.
- Windows 10 Professional edition 64-bit.
The current suite of programs are 32-bit applications, and as such do not benefit from enhanced memory addressing provided by 64-bit versions of Windows. Frame Analysis and Sumo Structural Modeller are available in 64-bit versions with the ability for addressing more memory.