Have a Question?
Updating the system decimal separator
PROKON’s Structural Analysis modules Frame and Sumo only reads a dot (.) as a decimal separator. Excel has predefined system settings, one being how Excel separates a decimal value. If you’d like to copy data from Microsoft® Excel to either module, you’ll need to change the comma to a dot.
To change the system setting, do the following:
- Go to Microsoft® Start and then Settings
- Select Time & language, followed by Language & region
- Scroll down until you find the Administrative language settings option and select it
- In the popup window, select the Formats tab
- Select the Additional settings…, located at the bottom of the popup window
- A second window will open, change Decimal symbols from a commato a dot
- Click Apply and OK.
This should update the Excel’s system separator, to use a dot as the decimal separator.