Have a Question?
When scaling in Padds go amiss
When Padds scales a drawing to a small speck in the corner of the paper when importing a DXF or DWG file. This occurs if the imported drawing contains one or more orphan entities located very far from the actual drawing.
To remove the rogue entities, do the following:
- Upon importing the drawing, when prompted to Fit drawing on paper, select No
- Zoom all to resize the drawing on screen, all entities on the paper will be displayed
- Block-Box the part of the drawing you wish to keep
- Block-Swap to invert the block selection, i.e., selecting all entities which will be removed from the drawing
- Press Delete on the keyboard
- Go to Set and select Fit drawing on paper
The drawing should now display correctly on screen.