|Ver. 3.1.16 2019/05/03|
- Plane area loads generated unconnected nodes in some cases, corrected.
|Ver. 3.1.15 2019/04/18|
- Beams and columns now connect to line supports along the connected length per segment.
- Line supports now support the distribution of spring stiffness along the connected length.
- Floating window load order caused incomplete table initialisation, corrected.
- Plane area support local coordinate system calculation corrected.
|Ver. 3.1.14 2019/04/11|
- Plane area supports caused a database error, corrected.
- Meshing in the vicinity of short line segments improved.
- Portal frame dialog title corrected.
|Ver. 3.1.13 2019/04/09|
- Corrected the processing of custom sections that consist of a single circular arc only.
|Ver. 3.1.12 2019/03/25|
- Added end and mid-curve snapping to all surface objects.
- Sumo now displays all analytical model errors, previously only the first was shown.
- Plane area supports now orient the elastic support normal to the support plane, previously the support was only vertical.
- Inclined plane area supports now generate an error if gaps are are specified.
- Reaction components of 0.000 are no longer displayed.
- Plane shell input is no longer projected to an average plane.
- Recompile due to Windows UCRT update.
|Ver. 3.1.11 2019/03/08|
- Shell forces output now supports plane shell filters.
- The find node feature is now capable of finding mesh nodes also.
- The minimum and maximum envelope combinations now support post processed values (Mmax, Mmin, Smax, Smin, Vmax and von Mises).
- Tabular output filters now produce empty tables for empty filter results.
|Ver. 3.1.10 2019/02/22|
- IFC 4 analysis view import/export added (supports columns, beams and boundary comditions).
- Global rigid link stiffness factors can now be modified on the analysis settings property page.
- IFC helper library adjusted.
|Ver. 3.1.09 2019/02/19|
- Closing Sumo on the Results view caused errors during Sumo start-up, corrected.
- Monolithic beam sections were not properly loaded from file, corrected (introduced in 3.1.07).
- Automatic column rigid links did not load properly from file, corrected (introduced in 3.1.07).
|Ver. 3.1.08 2019/02/14|
- Loading a model containing wind loads caused errors, corrected.
- Unmeshed objects did not report their meshed status accurately, corrected.
- Added an IFC helper library.
|Ver. 3.1.07 2019/02/12|
- File format change, models with a large number of shells are now significantly smaller on disk.
- Added a Sumo exchange feature which allows 2 users to track last changes and keep models up to date.
- Editing load factors on a visible load combination caused display errors, corrected.
- Updated the user interface library.
- Upgraded solver to Intel MKL 2019 Update 2.
|Ver. 3.1.06 2019/01/21|
- Text in the model viewport now match the system text size settings.
- The size of text in the model viewport is now configurable in the application settings.
- The concrete beam detailing design link now supports multiple selections.
|Ver. 3.1.05 2019/01/10|
- Slabs and plane shells now automatically project to a plane to correct small inconsistencies in input.
- Added 'Normal' and 'Origin' properties to the plane shell object.
- Corrected a problem with level generation.
- Plane shells now only flag overlaps with shells in the same plane.
|Ver. 3.1.04 2018/11/20|
- Improved convergence checks on modal and buckling analyses.
- Additional error checking added to avoid errors during results display and meshing.
- Undo with pending property palette changes caused errors, corrected.
- Subframe strips could not be edited after insertion, corrected.
- New build of the user interface library.
|Ver. 3.1.03 2018/10/31|
- Improved rendering speed of large models.
- Frame import/export now recognises all three section constraint options (Normal, Tension-only and Compression-only).
- Animation of static load cases for a harmonic analysis is now disabled.
- Load combinations in a harmonic analysis crashed Sumo under particular conditions, corrected.
- The contour legend was not displayed in a level view, corrected.
- Initial naming of levels and load combinations corrected (did not start at 0 and did not continue logically).
- Sumo now generates an error if a mass case is assigned a frequency in a harmonic analysis.
- The massage table did not always clear the error messages from previous models, corrected.
|Ver. 3.1.02 2018/10/16|
- Corrected hang during analysis after enabling concrete design for NZ 3101 - 2006.
|Ver. 3.1.01 2018/10/10|
- Under certain conditions, the continuous beam design link did not export combinations completely, corrected.
- Removed 'local license' support.
- Added additional error message detail to the 'Clear results' command.
- Additional error checking added to the loading of design groups from file.
- Additional error checking added to the export of analysis results to CSV file.
|Ver. 3.1.00 2018/09/28|
- First release of version 3.1.
- Base connections now center the plate on the column/beam section.
- Validity of loadcases are now checked prior to analysis.
- First release of version 3.1.
|Ver. 3.0.121 2018/09/21|
- Corrected an initialisation error during baseplate input.
|Ver. 3.0.120 2018/09/14|
- Added section tonnage statistics.
- Additional meshing error checking added.
- Adding multiple pad footings or point supports caused connection errors, corrected.
- Coordinates on the property palette did not use display units, corrected.
- In-span loads on columns caused errors during design link export, downgraded to warnings.
|Ver. 3.0.119 2018/09/07|
- Frame import merged colinear beams with differing rotation angles, corrected.
- Row deletion in tables now supports discontinuous selection ranges.
- Viewing deflection contours after a seismic analysis caused errors, corrected.
- Loose nodes occurred at slab edges near column cut-outs corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.118 2018/09/04|
- Truss wizard now inserts a default HD bolt material.
- Truss wizard did not assign the gable rafter section, corrected.
- Edits of the beam, column and rigid link coordinates in the property palette were not reflected in intersection calculations, corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.117 2018/08/28|
- Added a portal frame wizard.
- Single selection did not always highlight properly, corrected.
- TAB selection did not cycle selected objects, corrected.
- Amended the precision of beam rotation angles when exporting to Frame.
- Sumo crashed when printing a view containing text, corrected.
- Plane area wind load intersection tolerances were too strict, corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.116 2018/08/20|
- Default beam colours now based on section settings.
- Added additional error checking during animations.
- Added a baseplate connection object.
- Baseplate object can now be exported to design link.
- Baseplate objects are now added to trussed frames by the wizard.
- Additional error checking added to the slab drawing and grip translation commands.
- Small update to the user interface library.
|Ver. 3.0.115 2018/08/14|
- Improved selection preview speed for large models.
- Added a multiple value indicator for checked properties.
- Added bolt materials to the material import dialog.
|Ver. 3.0.114 2018/08/06|
- Added stub geometry to the pad footing object.
- Added stub geometry to the base design link and group.
- Column design links now support multi-segment columns.
- Sending several views could crash Sumo when saving, corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.113 2018/07/23|
- Trussed frame wizard now supports export to the Wind module.
- Trussed frame wizard now removes zero pressure wind loads.
- Beam, monolithic beam and column commands no longer draw 'ghosted' objects.
- Monolithic beam, slab, plane shell and wall objects now show certain properties in mm or in.
|Ver. 3.0.112 2018/07/18|
- Additional error checking added to curve connections.
- Monolithic beams did not update graphics in the diagram views, corrected.
- Corrected a label on the import materials dialog.
- Adding wind load objects could crash Sumo, corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.111 2018/07/13|
- Input of hosted loads sometimes duplicated the load in the analysis model, corrected. This error was only present in the session in which the input was done.
|Ver. 3.0.110 2018/07/11|
- Commands executed after copy and move operations could crash Sumo (introduced 3.0.108), corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.109 2018/07/09|
- Table display was corrupted when the message table was unpinned from its docking position, corrected.
- Concrete bean detailing design link now checks the selection set.
- Importing a Sumo model into itself caused duplication errors, this operation is no longer allowed.
|Ver. 3.0.108 2018/07/04|
- Improved connection updates due to property palette edits.
- Missing object hatches could cause crashes, corrected.
- Improved non-linear convergence in shell models.
- Modified the rounding behaviour of the analysis settings pages.
|Ver. 3.0.107 2018/06/26|
- Added automatic minimum envelope combination for shell contours.
- Displacement tooltips were not visible, corrected.
- Improved memory management.
- Reduced the memory required for a buckling analysis.
- Added error handling for invalid subframe strips.
- Point supports did not update connections properly when moved (required a regenerate), corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.106 2018/06/18|
- Added automatic maximum envelope combination for shell contours.
- Beam section changes invalidated meshes, corrected.
- Nodes included in window selections even if not visible, corrected.
- Colour properties did not flag multiple values, corrected.
- Reference properties did not flag multiple values, corrected.
- Bounds check added for printer errors.
|Ver. 3.0.105 2018/06/08|
- Sum of loads calculated for UDL's on triangular shells in the local z direction was incorrect (Only affected the equilibrium check).
- The equilibrium check was too strict for large differences in minimum and maximum reactions.
|Ver. 3.0.104 2018/05/31|
- Objects created via the API did not display, corrected.
- Sumo crashed on exit if it was opened using the API, corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.103 2018/05/24|
- Added multi-criteria filters for the results view.
- Added perpendicular snap.
- Added a display manager option to the application settings.
- Level views did not render properly on the design link view, corrected.
- Opening a file using the Windows shell caused display problems, corrected.
- Downgraded load case and combination name length violations from critical errors to errors.
|Ver. 3.0.102 2018/05/21|
- General Prokon preferences now read from registry.
- Monolithic beams section data now stored in the analytical model.
- Added a Continuous beam detailing link.
- Sub-frame strip handling of line loads improved for near orthogonal line loads.
- Setting load case visibility during load input could crash Sumo, corrected.
- Load case and combination names are now checked for length and uniqueness.
|Ver. 3.0.101 2018/05/17|
- Load case and combination visibility can now be toggled independently in different views.
- Results filter is now applied to the input model as well.
- Deflection plots did not always reflect the applied filter, corrected.
- Filter button now remains depressed to show that a results filter is active.
- Added plane shell object to the results filter options.
- Beam force plots now include interior values in scale calculations.
|Ver. 3.0.100 2018/05/10|
- Added a 'Local Z' direction for beam distributed and point loads.
- The display did not always refresh after rotating, corrected.
- Added additional checks when loading 2D meshes.
|Ver. 3.0.99 2018/05/07|
- Section numbers in the output file did not necessarily retain the same order in successive design link exports, corrected.
- Design links for Strut, Combine and Timsec now generate user specified output files in the current working folder.
- Additional node checks added.
|Ver. 3.0.98 2018/05/04|
- Material names no longer include the Sumo name when exported to Frame.
- Sumo now only sets load group visibility when switching load groups in a results view if the 'Show input model' option is checked.
- Changing object type visibility caused node number changes, corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.97 2018/04/20|
- Additional checks added to the plane area load object.
- Plane area wind loads lost custom additions and removals after a regenerate command, corrected.
- Plane area wind loads did not persist warnings and errors in die database, corrected.
- Changing beam, column and rigid link fixities modified node numbers, corrected.
- Very short connection curves are now discarded.
- Upgraded solver to Intel MKL 2018 Update 2.
|Ver. 3.0.96 2018/04/16|
- Added checks to avoid application exit errors.
- Added a 'Local' direction option to plane area loads.
- Added additional checks to the plane area wind load object.
- Added instructions for AMD GPU's on dual graphics systems to use high performance rendering.
|Ver. 3.0.95 2018/03/28|
- Sumo now merges adjacent slab openings automatically.
- Invalid outlines during slab input sometimes deleted curves, corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.94 2018/03/19|
- Errors during the evaluation of shell jacobians now halt the analysis.
- Removed coordinate rounding from DWG imports.
- Object visibility influenced bounding box calculations during analysis, corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.93 2018/03/12|
- Improved output view updating.
- Import of Sumo files caused errors if duplicate sections or materials were present, corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.92 2018/03/02|
- Added additional pre-analysis checks and error messages.
- Check solve produced a Sqlite error if shells were present, corrected.
- Line supports, rigid links and walls did not update their display properly, corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.91 2018/02/26|
- Corrected display problems.
|Ver. 3.0.90 2018/02/22|
- Plane area wind load now supports tiled areas.
- Base design link now uses the footing name rather than the node number.
- Out-of-core temporary files were created in the current folder rather instead of the temporary folder, corrected.
- Fixity settings on the sub-frame strip did not export to Continuous beam, corrected.
- Sumo now fixes small gaps in slab and plane-shell outlines automatically.
- Input rendering data was not always cleared, corrected.
- API initialisation order corrected.
- Load cases are now excluded from the lists displayed on design link windows.
- Several design links unnecessarily included the component load cases for selected combinations, corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.89 2018/01/31|
- Several robustness omprovements.
- Rectangular column and base design links no longer lock Sumo.
- Rectangular column design group failed to find valid sections after design file changes, corrected.
- Added support for very long path names to the Frame export command.
|Ver. 3.0.88 2018/01/15|
- Increased the efficiency of the deflection results view.
- Added a section name column to the beam elements results grid.
|Ver. 3.0.87 2017/12/15|
- The 'Include second-order effects' option was reset to false after every dynamic analysis, corrected.
- Application errors occured if a second-order analysis was followed by a dynamic analysis, corrected.
- The 'Beam forces' results table now include a 'Name' column.
|Ver. 3.0.86 2017/12/11|
- SS EN1991-1-4:2009 added to the wind loading settings.
- Corrected a problem with the CQC seismic combination method which caused incorrect reporting of maximum/minimum reactions.
- Sumo no longer allows user response spectra which start at a period of zero due to log-log interpolation limitations.
|Ver. 3.0.85 2017/12/07|
- Wood-Armer moments and reinforcement were not accumulated correctly during a non-linear analysis, corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.84 2017/11/27|
- Multiple Sumo instances sometimes caused a crash during application ext, corrected.
- Empty custom section loops caused a crash, corrected.
- Frame imports sometimes failed due to the thumbnail bitmap at the end of the file, corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.83 2017/11/14|
- Added BeginTransaction and CommitTransaction methods to the API.
- Added error checking to intercept the loading of isolated monolithic beams.
- BS EN1991-1-4:2010 added to the wind loading settings.
- Overlap checks on plane shell objects did not first check co-planarity, corrected.
- Adjusted the meshing proximity check tolerance.
|Ver. 3.0.82 2017/11/01|
- Further adjustments to curb application exit problems.
- Plotting of displacements on the chart window sometimes inverted beam ends, corrected.
- Corrected issues with automatic installation of the Prokon DWG Engine.
- Added support for AutoCAD 2018 DWG files.
|Ver. 3.0.81 2017/10/26|
- Corrected a problem with the surface intersect command.
- Resolved an issue that prevented beam diagram display.
- Corrected errors involving polylines and surfaces.
|Ver. 3.0.80 2017/10/23|
- Corrected a problem that intermittently crashed Sumo during application exit.
|Ver. 3.0.79 2017/10/13|
- Small modifications to the automation API for 32 bit clients.
- Corrected a bug which could crash Sumo when opening the loaded element dialog of a plane area wind load is opened.
- Surface objects did not display properly, corrected.
- Extrusions of polylines crashed Sumo, corrected.
- Plane shells and slabs now flag overlaps with each other.
- Plane shells and slabs now detect complete overlaps as well.
- Beam chart display crashed Sumo if the analysis type was not static, corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.78 2017/09/29|
- Material database did not import materials on the 'Other' table - corrected.
- First release of the automation API (VBA).
|Ver. 3.0.77 2017/09/20|
- Sumo now supports the import and export of user defined spectra from and to Frame.
- Additional error checking added to the properties palette.
- Corrected a problem with the Frame export that prevented Frame from reading the file.
|Ver. 3.0.76 2017/09/14|
- Corrected a problem that caused a crash while editing plane area wind loads.
- Sumo now supports the use of a custom seismic response spectrum.
- Corrected a problem that prevented the display of context ribbons.
|Ver. 3.0.75 2017/09/11|
- Increased the license manager login timeout to accommodate slow internet connections.
- Added a mesh all command.
- The solve and check commands now prompt the user to mesh unmeshed objects if necessary.
- Y-axis moments and X-axis shear diagrams did not include the effect beam point loads and beam distributed loads that were defined in local beam axes, corrected.
- Beam loads (local axes) on vertical elements were applied in the wrong direction if the component beams had inverted local axes, corrected.
- Tables can no longer be closed by clicking on the close button.
- Corrected an issue that hid tables (and the palettes) if auto-hide was enabled.
|Ver. 3.0.74 2017/08/31|
- Output results: Sumo did not deactivate the display of the previous view after changing views, corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.73 2017/08/29|
- Added backstage view to the File button.
- Added a trussed frame model template.
- Simplified the materials and sections import dialogs.
- Added a filtering feature to the materials and sections import dialogs.
- Added enhanced metafile option to view exports.
- Updated the user interface library.
- Slight modification to the user interface themes.
|Ver. 3.0.72 2017/08/15|
- Corrected erroneous monolithic beam section property calculation if the length unit was set to any value other than metre.
- Monolithic beams occasionally added unnecessary section errors to the messages table, corrected.
- Plane area wind loads now support triangular areas.
- Plane area wind loads now support interior element endpoints that are connected to other elements.
|Ver. 3.0.71 2017/08/03|
- Adjusted the handling of point constraints in the meshing routine.
|Ver. 3.0.70 2017/07/27|
- Plane area wind loads now sum coincident child loads loads.
- Sumo can now export beam chart data to Excel via a CSV-format file.
- Export to Excel via CSV-format files now support the regional list separator setting.
- Saving design groups with an embedded design file failed due to the image embedded in the design file, corrected.
- Charts did not plot beam interior bending moments, corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.69 2017/07/26|
- Line loads now support varying loads, as well as local axis loading along with a rotation angle.
- Plane area wind loads now generate line loads as needed.
- Corrected occasional error during beam force plotting (second-order analyses only).
- Additional error checking added to display routines.
- In a few particular cases, forces were incorrectly assigned to reactions on which shell forces were applied directly (analysis would fail at the equilibrium check), corrected.
- Point loads erroneously failed intersection checks during input, corrected.
- Pressing Ctrl-A crashed Sumo if the property palette had input focus, corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.68 2017/07/06|
- Very slender tension elements led to numerical instabilities while plotting internal bending moments and shears, corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.67 2017/06/30|
- Sumo now treats constrained element state as a convergence condition (second-order and non-linear analyses).
- Constrained member state is now stored in the database.
- Node number display was not correctly updated after a regenerate, corrected.
- Single click select did not add loads in the hosted loads commands, corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.66 2017/06/26|
- Improved regeneration speed for models containing many point loads.
- Optimised plane area wind load intersection calculations.
- Error reports now add a default email address.
- Warped shells did not pass the element convexity test, corrected.
- Models imported from Frame containing group numbers did not save group settings, corrected.
- Additional error checking added for plane area wind loads.
- Error reports now add a default email address.
|Ver. 3.0.65 2017/06/13|
- Substantial analysis time reduction for large models containing mostly shell elements.
- Faster modelling in models containing a large number of beam elements.
- Added a connection filter property to all objects.
- The measure tool can now be used in the output views.
- Select all command added (Ctrl-A keyboard shortcut).
- Plan level views did not show a selection preview, corrected.
- Shift-left click unselected all elements instead of the element clicked, corrected.
- Zero number of loadcases error was not consistently detected, corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.64 2017/06/01|
- Result filters crashed Sumo, corrected.
- Load combinations lost negative load factors when saving, corrected.
- The 'load combinations only' setting was not compatible with the Strut and Combine design links, corrected.
- Corrected occasional errors that occured when closing Sumo.
|Ver. 3.0.63 2017/05/31|
- Corrected a graphical node glitch (introduced 3.0.62).
|Ver. 3.0.62 2017/05/30|
- Corrected the cause of the error: 'Point connection with no node number'.
|Ver. 3.0.61 2017/05/25|
- Editing input on the load combination table after a particular sequence of preceding operations crashed Sumo, corrected.
- Removed Active Accessibility support from all Sumo views.
|Ver. 3.0.60 2017/05/23|
- Buckling analysis output displayed only the final mode shape, corrected.
- Geometric stiffness for beams with pins was calculated incorrectly. This would have affected second-order, buckling and non-linear analyses.
|Ver. 3.0.59 2017/05/19|
- Sumo crashed on results display if 'Load combinations only' was set (introduced v3.0.58), corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.58 2017/05/18|
- Windows temp folder setting defaulted to the Linux location, corrected.
- Added the vertical spectrum to Eurocode chart display on the 'Analysis Options' property page.
- Eurocode spectrum property page now displays only the chart for the chosen soil type.
- Eurocode spectrum property page now displays only the chart for the chosen soil type.
- Sumo now stores harmonic phases for modes, displacements, reactions, beam forces and shell forces.
- Added a harmonic output option to display either maximum amplitudes or point-in-time values as well as an option for the display angle.
- Sumo now supports the import and export of Frame files containing the spectrum type setting for Eurocode.
- Ground types 2 and 3 used an acceleration value of 1g rather than the response spectrum value for Eurocode and SANS, corrected.
- Modal analysis frequency results display did not respond to a mode change, corrected.
- The RAM setting on the advanced analysis settings page did not save properly, corrected.
- Mode shape display added to the harmonic analysis output stack.
- Harmonic output for shells now restricted to Sx, Sy, Sxy, Mx, My, Mxy, Vy and Vx.
- Sumo froze if the section database could not be found, corrected.
- Shell smoothing disabled for harmonic analysis.
- Upgraded solver to Intel MKL 2017 Update 2.
|Ver. 3.0.57 2017/04/07|
- Sumo now explicitly disables results animation when viewing parameters change.
|Ver. 3.0.56 2017/04/04|
- Implemented load combinations only analyses.
- Object naming in new models incremented from previously opened models, corrected.
- Plane area wind loads now display the area load in discretized views as a fallback.
- Plane area wind load 'Loaded elements' property did not update properly, corrected.
- Reference heights smaller than zero returned incorrect plane area wind load pressures, corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.55 2017/03/29|
- Restored the boldface setting for on-screen command hints.
|Ver. 3.0.54 2017/03/27|
- Removed plane-area wind load loading limitation, where load bearing elements had to be within 60 degrees of each other.
- Elements starting or ending inside a plane-area wind load are now automatically ignored.
- When a plane-area wind load intersects both columns and beams, the set with the most elements will be loaded.
- The plane-area wind load dialog now has a swap button as well as tooltips.
- Improved plane-area wind load verification routines.
- Additional beam section error checking added.
- Rectangular hollow sections now support a zero internal radius.
- Additional error checking added to the Excel export command.
|Ver. 3.0.53 2017/03/16|
- Added additional error checking to the automatic mesher.
- Export of the report to RTF format corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.52 2017/03/14|
- Unicode text correction to an error message box.
- Added support for non-uniform wind load calculation.
- Analytical supports now store a reference to a support object for each degree of freedom.
- Analysis model now stored with 12 digit accuracy.
- Additional error checking added to plane area support contour display.
- Additional error checking added to the display system.
|Ver. 3.0.51 2017/03/07|
- General errors without an object reference did not display on the message table, corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.50 2017/03/03|
- Plane area wind loads: Recalculation of loads were not triggered after updating load properties, corrected.
- Zero load case seismic analysis crashed Sumo when viewing results, corrected.
- Local element axes were not colour coded (all green), corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.49 2017/03/02|
- Sumo now generates file version errors only when a new version table has a non-zero row count.
- DWG import layer assignments to groups were incorrect.
- Seismic analysis crashed during the post-process step (UNICODE conversion bug).
- Modal analysis check with zero load cases crashed Sumo, corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.48 2017/03/01|
- Sumo did not respond to object change events correctly (introduced 3.0.47), corrected.
- Added additional checks to connection engine.
- Selection filtering on reference properties (e.g. Group) crashed Sumo if the selection set contained objects with the reference property set to none, corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.47 2017/02/28|
- Beam geometry did not update after section modification, corrected.
- Compound section property dropdown contained duplicates, corrected.
- Added gap options to translation directions of point, line and footing supports.
- Improved meshing in regions where point connections fall on object boundaries.
- Sending data from the results grids to the report view crashed Sumo, corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.46 2017/02/20|
- Checks added to prevent display errors.
- Input grid display s cut off at particular zoom-states, corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.45 2017/02/17|
- Errors without an object reference were not displayed (introduced 3.0.40), corrected.
- Element shifts (node number of -1 warnings) sometimes caused crashes if the shifted element hosted a line load, corrected.
- Elements with multiple section definitions were treated as taper sections even if the sections were identical (auto-split problems), corrected.
- Several reinforcement design issues corrected, calculations for NZ 3101 - 2006, ACI318 - 2005, Eurocode 2 - 2004 and NZ 3101 - 2006 in particular were incorrect.
- Added various checks to defend against incomplete model files (multiple write corruption).
|Ver. 3.0.44 2017/02/15|
- Sumo crashed if a displacement callout window was visible when switching output tabs, corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.43 2017/02/10|
- Added a beam section legend option.
|Ver. 3.0.42 2017/02/08|
- Results were not displayed properly (introduced 3.0.41), corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.41 2017/02/07|
- Sumo now supports Unicode text.
- Object edges failed to always render correctly in models where NURBS curves were present, corrected.
- Object modification commands now indicate snapping by changing the cursor.
- Wind loading at the edge of an area was not always correct if the loaded objects were non-parallel, corrected.
- New Microsoft libraries, Windows 10 compatibility.
|Ver. 3.0.40 2017/01/18|
- Connectivity checks did not detect singular isolated objects, corrected.
- The number of coordinate decimal digits displayed on the property palette is now user configurable.
|Ver. 3.0.39 2016/11/18|
- Increased the planarity check tolerance for plane shells.
- Opening models with design groups crashed Sumo, corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.38 2016/11/11|
- Local element axes can now be viewed, the size can also be adjusted.
- Input boxes were sometimes polluted with previous input, corrected.
- Message table did not display pre analysis audit errors (introduced 3.0.35), corrected.
- Local FE axes can now be adjusted for slabs, plane shells and walls.
- Optimised pre-analysis disjoint element check.
- Inter-object FE stress smoothing was incorrect in some cases (introduced 3.0.21), corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.36 2016/10/28|
- Monolithic beam results plotting was incorrect.
|Ver. 3.0.35 2016/10/26|
- The messages table now sorts messages: most critical at the to.
- Unconnected analysis elements are now detected prior to analysis.
- Tapered elements with 3 sections crashed sumo, corrected.
- Fixed recurring 'Point connection without node number' error.
- Sumo allowed access to results even if the analysis failed, corrected.
- Wind loads did not load surfaces like walls at all, corrected.
- Wind load 'Override reference height' property was non-functional, corrected.
- Seismic self-weight factor did not save with the model, corrected.
- Seismic output displayed a frequency label on all tabs, corrected.
- Beam UDL's did not add to model inertia (modal, harmonic, seismic), corrected.
- Self weight setting in sometimes migrated to different load cases after re-opening a model, corrected.
- Seismic analysis crashed intermittently if more than 2 load cases were used.
|Ver. 3.0.34 2016/10/20|
- File-New and File-Open did not clear some of the input tables, corrected.
- Subframe-strip design link did not export live loading correctly in some cases, corrected.
- Output load group selection box discarded duplicate lad case and load combination names, corrected.
- Design links now support seismic analysis output.
- Adjusted non-linear analysis load increments.
- Viewing seismic analysis displacements crashed Sumo if the model contained line supports, corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.33 2016/10/14|
- Trailing and leading spaces in the self weight load case name resulted in self weight not being added - corrected.
- Improved beam element local axis transformations for non-linear analysis (vertical elements in particular).
- Added support for bulge segments in custom sections.
- Improved error handling in the event of lack of convergence in a non-linear analysis.
- Spring supports caused convergence problems in non-linear analyses, corrected.
- Beams and columns no longer list display problems as an error in the message table.
- Export to Frame now retains full accuracy for nodal coordinates.
- Empty load cases caused buckling analysis errors, corrected.
- Additional error checking for plane area wind loads added.
- Upgraded solver to Itel MKL 2017.
|Ver. 3.0.32 2016/10/04|
- Added 'Elevation' property to slab objects.
- Sumo no longer adds moments and forces due to beam loads during a seismic analysis.
- Additional error checking added to monolithic beam plan display.
|Ver. 3.0.31 2016/10/03|
- Added grid based output for seismic analyses.
- Effective weight percentage added the frequency grid output.
|Ver. 3.0.30 2016/09/29|
- DXF/DWG import now limits the precision of line coordinates to the distance tolerance set in Sumo.
- DXF/DWG import can now optionally merge colinear and/or overlapped line segments.
- 'Allow tension' property added to plane area supports for modelling tensionless Winkler foundations.
- Added spring elements to Frame export.
|Ver. 3.0.29 2016/09/22|
- Non-prismatic beams did not interpolate self-weight correctly (display problem).
- Analysis of rotated beams (except 90, 180 and 270deg) was incorrect if the nodal order was different from the Sumo beam orientation.
- Axial force diagram now plots values at the start and end of the beam as well as at diagram discontinuities.
- Columns with custom sections caused slab meshing problems, corrected.
- ColSol solver removed.
|Ver. 3.0.28 2016/09/12|
|Ver. 3.0.27 2016/08/29|
- Added additional error checking to plane are loads.
- Corrected graphics error that caused bending moments to be drawn on the incorrect side of beam elements.
|Ver. 3.0.26 2016/08/24|
- Adjusted line load error checking to support column openings in slabs.
|Ver. 3.0.25 2016/08/18|
- Setting rigid link end fixity crashed Sumo, corrected.
- Node property editing is now disabled.
- A model audit is now performed after the 'Regenerate' command.
|Ver. 3.0.24 2016/08/17|
- Rigid link end fixity property set the start fixity when changed, corrected.
- Line loads can now be defined per unit length also.
- Changed internal local axis definitions for shell point loads.
- Sumo now exports file version 7 Frame files.
- Shell direction line was plotted incorrectly if the shell normal contained a negative y-component, corrected.
- Further corrections made to the plotting of discontinuous beam axial forces.
- Sumo crashed if the equilibrium check failed on a combination, corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.23 2016/08/15|
- Models imported from Frame produced beam load errors after regeneration, corrected.
- Using the Find/Replace shortcut (Ctrl-F) crashed Sumo, corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.22 2016/08/12|
- Additional error checks added to the mesher.
- Corrected plotting of discontinuous beam axial forces.
- Beam distributed loads can now be defined per unit length also.
- Sumo now generates an error message if the equilibrium check fails.
- The plane area wind load reset the custom element list during editing, corrected.
- Import of Frame model with missing section geometry parameters hang Sumo, corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.21 2016/07/29|
- Wall normal flipping did not immediately update graphics.
- Fixed line load parsing errors.
- Added group smoothing to all shell producing objects.
|Ver. 3.0.20 2016/07/25|
- Additonal curve error checking for plane area loads added.
- First release of wind loading object.
- Added a compression only constraint to beam sections.
|Ver. 3.0.19 2016/05/12|
- The frame import command no longer fails if the section or material databases are corrupt.
- Added detail logging to the frame import command.
- Reverted to Intel MKL 11.3.0 due to stability issues.
|Ver. 3.0.18 2016/05/04|
- View export now supports DXF shading and other settings.
- Right clicking on table row headers no longer clears existing selections.
- Upgraded to Intel MKL 11.3.3.
|Ver. 3.0.17 2016/04/26|
- Corrected error during line grip editing.
- Tapered beam did not participate in intersection snaps, corrected.
- Added undo/redo buttons to quick access toolbar.
- Added tooltips to filter dialogs.
- Upgraded to Intel MKL 11.3.0.
|Ver. 3.0.16 2016/04/21|
- Object intersection tolerances are now user-adjustable.
- Plane area loads no longer allow point connections.
|Ver. 3.0.15 2016/04/20|
- Increased tolerance on line load parsing to accommodate CAD imports.
- Occasional crash when opening models corrected (Due to active, modified property palette entry).
|Ver. 3.0.14 2016/04/14|
- Meshing around point connections near mesh boundaries improved.
- Refined reaction results display.
- The convert to columns command created columns without layout curves, corrected.
- Typing in angles smaller than 20 degrees occasionally snapped to 0 degrees, corrected.
- Adjusted compilation for anti-virus compatibility.
- Added debug information to the word processing library.
- Adjusted compilation for anti-virus compatibility.
|Ver. 3.0.13 2016/04/12|
- Minimising the ribbon interfered with results display, corrected.
- Meshing around point connections improved.
|Ver. 3.0.12 2016/04/01|
- Improved post-meshing clean-up.
- Improved slab and plane shell error checking.
- Models imported from Revit often exhibited graphics glitches, corrected.
- Line style property was read-only, corrected.
- Corrected plane area load plan display problem.
- Sumo now resets to the default workspace when a model is loaded.
- Additional error checking in load combinations.
- Faster load group switching when viewing output.
- Re-ordered meshing algorithm to avoid application exit crashes.
- Copying a row in the loadcase table crashed Sumo, corrected.
- Combine and Strut design link output files assigned incorrect sections to members (evaluate current results would have been incorrect).
|Ver. 3.0.11 2016/03/24|
- IO errors during database commits crashed Sumo, corrected.
- Additional error checking added to analysis.
- Offset command ignored picked direction, corrected.
- Sumo crashed occasionally after a command was cancelled, corrected.
- Additional error checking added to meshing.
- Corrected various slab and plane shell plan display problems.
- Meshes not always completely cleared after editing, corrected.
- Point connection on object edges caused non-conforming meshes, corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.10 2016/02/22|
- Additional error checking added to analysis.
- Undoing object deletion did not restore object references, corrected.
- Importing Sumo models crashed Sumo if duplicate objects existed, corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.09 2016/02/19|
- Additional error checking added to meshing.
- Additional error checking added to offset command.
- Additional error checking added to line grip editing.
- Corrected beam fixity codes in output files for Combine and Strut.
- Columns did not update when coordinates were changed on the property palette, corrected.
- Improved meshing around fixed points.
- Added debug information to the GUI library.
|Ver. 3.0.08 2016/02/01|
- Models without shell elements displayed junk data on the shells output view, corrected.
- Occasional errors during program shutdown corrected.
- Removed 2min interval license check when using the old licensing system.
- Removed model database reference from output file (design links).
- Corrected opacity property description.
- Corrected external binary execution errors when installed to 'Program Files'.
- Additional error checking added to output animation.
|Ver. 3.0.07 2016/01/19|
- Optimised slab deletion.
- Linework often failed to render properly during panning and zooming, corrected.
- Rectangular column design button did not function, corrected.
- V3 RecCol files are now supported.
- Importing other Sumo models crashed Sumo, corrected.
- New version of the Intel OpenMP library.
|Ver. 3.0.06 2016/01/14|
- Level view snapping did not constrain the y-coordinate to the level elevation, corrected.
- Columns without valid sections occasionally crashed Sumo, corrected.
- Beam release combinations with releases other than P, T and F generated incorrect stiffness matrices.
- Icon mismatch with displays at 120 DPI corrected.
- Sub-frame strip modify command did not display the constituent polylines, corrected.
- Construction line selections did not behave as expected in crossing selections, corrected.
- Base design link duplicated loads, corrected.
- Errors reading sub-frame strips corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.05 2016/01/06|
- Corrected timing issues with the property palette that sometimes caused crashes.
- The tab key did not toggle between input values of graphical tools, corrected.
- Chart view did not react to selections, corrected.
- Context ribbon icons were mismatched, corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.04 2015/12/28|
- Sumo crashed when attempting to set palette visibility whilst in a command, corrected.
- Aded export view command (pdf, ps, eps, svg and dxf).
- Workspace palette did not update automatically after analysis, corrected.
- Added XML parsing library.
- Added writing functions to the DWG engine.
|Ver. 3.0.03 2015/12/18|
- Additional error checking for beam plan display.
- Beam stiffness matrices for releases other than P, F and T were incorrect.
- Slab distributed loads did not retain load case selection during input, corrected.
- Tables detached fro the main window did not update columns correctly on start-up.
|Ver. 3.0.02 2015/12/14|
- Worskpace dialog bar did not prevent selection of disabled items, corrected.
- Export to frame did not always correctly export rotated supports, corrected.
- Improved analysis progress indicators.
- Added 'Global axes' property to line supports.
- Setting the opacity during drawing had no effect for a number of objects, corrected.
- Viewing beam forces in models containing automatically inserted rigid links crashed Sumo, corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.01 2015/12/10|
- Added error indicators to mesh display.
- Reinforcement design failed to converge (hung Sumo), corrected.
- Inserting sub-frame strips crashed Sumo on the next File-New, corrected.
- Using slab distributed loads crashed Sumo on exit, corrected.
- Check boxes in the input tables behaved strangely during selection and editing, corrected.
- Setting load combination visibility had no effect, corrected.
- Analysis settings radio button behaved strangely during selection, corrected.
- Input tables did not update based on workspace context, corrected.
|Ver. 3.0.00 2015/12/07|
- Implemented new user interface library.
- User interface now based on workspace contexts.
- Result switching moved to ribbon.
- Implemented harmonic analysis.
- Added sub-frame strip objects for export to Continuous Beam.
- Added hatching and selection highlights to level display.
- Added polyline objects.
- All tables are now individually dockable.
- Copying a row on the Design Groups table crashed Sumo, corrected.
- Groups and design groups are now created with the next colour in the colour palette.
- Load combinations are now displayed in a matrix format table.
- Corrected My export to the Baseplate module.
- Added US customary unit support for the Baseplate design link.
- Added US customary unit support for the Apex design link.
- Various stability enhancements.
- First release.
|Ver. 2.6.97 2015/12/02|
- Line loads did not always generate the correct shell point loads, corrected.
|Ver. 2.6.96 2015/11/20|
- Improved intersection calculations for short beam lengths.
- Zero area element checks on meshes now very severe (all edges smaller than 1e-3 are removed).
|Ver. 2.6.95 2015/10/23|
- Added import to level option for DWG imports.
|Ver. 2.6.94 2015/09/30|
- Added printing to level views.
|Ver. 2.6.93 2015/09/17|
- 3D meshes failed intersection tests in some cases, corrected.
- Slab constraints are now included in point connection tests (meshing).
|Ver. 2.6.92 2015/09/15|
- Additional error checking added to column sections.
- Beta angle calculation was incorrect for inverted node numbers on vertical elements, corrected.
- Meshing of point intersections on surface curves improved.
|Ver. 2.6.91 2015/09/09|
- Meshing front was not properly cleared after meshing, corrected.
|Ver. 2.6.90 2015/08/25|
- Fixed a memory leak in the surface intersection routine.
- Sumo now bypasses the nodal numbering optimization for the Intel MKL solver.
|Ver. 2.6.89 2015/08/23|
- Nearest and intersection snapping implemented all surface object (slabs, walls etc.) edges.
- Added 'Auto split' property to line supports.
- Improved meshing of imprecise input models.
|Ver. 2.6.88 2015/08/11|
- Added NZ 3101 - 2006 to the concrete design links.
- Some concrete code of practice names were exported in uppercase, corrected.
- Adjusted polygon tolerances for meshing.
- Removed opening inclusion test during mesh pre-processing.
|Ver. 2.6.87 2015/08/04|
- Sumo now checks limits on concrete cover before attemtping a reinforcement design.
|Ver. 2.6.86 2015/07/30|
- Relaxed tolerances for vertical element checks during analysis.
- Advanced solver settings now available in the user interface.
|Ver. 2.6.85 2015/07/28|
- Beam detail view crashed Sumo if no load cases were selected, corrected.
- Monolithic beam now listed on the graphics options property page.
|Ver. 2.6.84 2015/07/20|
- Line loads generated a spurious error message during analysis in a few particular situations.
|Ver. 2.6.83 2015/07/15|
- Improved speed during load input.
- Second-order analysis did not handle beam tensile forces correctly in all cases, corrected.
- Fixed intermittent crashes due to load combination rendering.
|Ver. 2.6.82 2015/06/30|
- Added support for section database file format change.
|Ver. 2.6.81 2015/06/08|
- Adjusted slab-beam mesh connections.
- Additional error checking during mesh seaming.
|Ver. 2.6.80 2015/05/05|
- Adjusted OpenGL initialisation settings.
|Ver. 2.6.79 2015/04/22|
- Animation of reinforcement contours (and Wood-Armer moments) doubled the displayed contour value, corrected.
|Ver. 2.6.78 2015/04/09|
- Design link export to Steel Member for Combined Stress did not export the beam distributed loads correctly.
|Ver. 2.6.77 2015/04/07|
- Copying lines in the section table crashed Sumo, corrected.
- Additional error checking on model data file before analysis.
- Bug in extruded and revolved surface drawing tools crashed Sumo, corrected.
- Extruded surface objects crashed Sumo on model close if the generator curve was copied (from beams, columns etc.), corrected.
- Open detail view windows crashed Sumo on model rendering, corrected.
|Ver. 2.6.76 2015/03/18|
- Adjusted intersection tolerances.
|Ver. 2.6.75 2015/03/10|
- Added snap icons (on cursor) to grip drag operations.
- Overlapping line loads with different directions produced a modelling error, corrected.
- Added overlap checks to point, line and plane area supports.
- Sumo now prioritises coincident supports in the following order: point, line and plane area.
- Skinned surfaces often caused crashes on application exit, corrected.
- Meshing: Improved seaming operations near fixed boundaries.
- Improved planar error checking: Slabs, plane shells, area supports and area loads.
- Base design link: Steel strength was incorrectly read from the registry as well as design files, corrected.
- Base design link: Dialog values are now dynamically read from, and written to, the registry during a Sumo session.
- Sumo 64 bit now launches Frame 64 bit when exporting.
- Modal analysis: Maximum number of iterations check was too small, corrected.
- Point load arrowheads changed to cones.
- Improved curve intersection checking.
- Geometric transformations on a point load now transform the force and moment vectors also, not just the point.
- Line connections on the edges of meshable objects incorrectly handled during meshing (introduced v2.6.74).
|Ver. 2.6.74 2015/03/02|
- Point load positions were incorrect after a first non-linear analysis run (re-analyse and export).
- Non-linear analysis beam geometric stiffness contained incorrect terms, led to solutions that were too stiff.
- Mesh pre-processing added unnecessarily short edges to the mesh, corrected.
- Quadrilateral collapse near boundaries added to mesh topological optimization.
- Split quadrilateral mesh operation generated invalid triangles in some situations, corrected.
- Tab selection required a mousemove before left click responded, corrected.
|Ver. 2.6.73 2015/02/16|
- Copying loads that form part of a load combination occasionally caused Sumo to crash, corrected.
- Point load over column footprint on slab was not part of the analysis and did not produce an error, corrected.
- Import sections dialog did not display the default country, corrected.
|Ver. 2.6.72 2015/02/12|
- Line support export to Frame failed due to unused orientation nodes (introduced 2.6.71), corrected.
|Ver. 2.6.71 2015/02/10|
- Orientation vector property of pad footing incorrectly applied if the footing was at an elevation other than zero, corrected.
- Rotated supports with less than all three translations fixed did not analyse properly, corrected.
- Rotated supports produced a critical error (unconnected nodes) on export to Frame, corrected.
- Orientation node of unrotated supports now forced to 0 when exporting to Frame.
|Ver. 2.6.70 2015/02/09|
- Corrected discretisation bug with line load connections to multiple objects.
- Harmonic analysis: rotated support resultants in reported global axes instead of local, corrected.
|Ver. 2.6.69 2015/02/02|
- Corrected keyboard event handling bug.
- Zero forces sometimes transferred as undefined numbers to the design links.
- Base plate design link exported the torsion moment instead of the strong-axis moment, corrected.
- Base plate design link exported the column as web horizontal instead of web vertical, corrected.
- Added an orientation vector property to the pad footing object.
- Failure in loading the DWG engine crashed Sumo, corrected.
|Ver. 2.6.68 2015/01/22|
- Changing section colours fired an undo entry for tension only (required one extra undo to roll back the color change), corrected.
- More robust input mode switching.
|Ver. 2.6.67 2015/01/07|
- Fixed sections not displayed in the section table (bug introduced 2.6.66).
|Ver. 2.6.66 2015/01/06|
- Fixed tooltip on the diagrammatic model ribbon button.
- Toggling load case or combination visibility did not update the view property palette, corrected.
- Load combination display ignored type visibility settings, corrected.
- Load combinations in a buckling analysis caused SQL errors, corrected.
|Ver. 2.6.65 2014/12/18|
- Memory leaks fixed.
- After a window selection, snapping and selection highlighting no longer functioned, corrected.
|Ver. 2.6.64 2014/12/03|
- Added "Auto split" property to rigid links.
- Added tensile contributions to geometric stiffness matrix (buckling analysis).
- Corrected shell geometric stiffness matrix (buckling analysis).
- Corrected shell tangent stiffness matrix (second-order analysis).
|Ver. 2.6.63 2014/11/10|
- Undo without a subsequent mouse movement occasionally caused a crash, corrected.
- Changing load case visibility during load input occasionally caused a crash, corrected.
- Distributed loading input did not always update load combination display, corrected.
- Modal analysis with second-order effects crashed Sumo, corrected.
- Trim command did not highlight objects properly, corrected.
- Ending a trim command without trimming any objects occasionally crashed Sumo later in the session, corrected.
|Ver. 2.6.62 2014/10/29|
- Harmonic load case errors sometimes caused crashes during Frame model imports, corrected.
- Construction line rendering did not always update correctly in a level view, corrected.
|Ver. 2.6.61 2014/10/23|
- Faster tessellation of 3D graphics.
- Faster selection previews and mouse tracking.
- Faster object input in large models.
- Results view background colour was occasionally undefined, corrected.
- Reactions not reported for line supports, corrected (introduced 2.6.59).
|Ver. 2.6.60 2014/10/14|
- Various memory leaks eliminated.
- Added session logging.
- Various memory leaks eliminated.
|Ver. 2.6.59 2014/10/13|
- Modal and buckling analyses now use MKL solvers.
- Stiffening effect of axial tension added to beam elements for the buckling analysis.
- Sumo crashed when changing load combination factors, corrected.
|Ver. 2.6.58 2014/10/08|
- Various memory leaks eliminated.
- Checks on slabs and plane shells originating from external software now more robust.
- Line loads on slabs, plane shells and walls were only correctly added for the first analysis in a Sumo session, corrected.
|Ver. 2.6.57 2014/10/02|
- Sumo crashed after loading models with a large number of objects, corrected.
- Sumo occasionally crashed on closing a level view, corrected.
- Various memory leaks eliminated.
- Added additional error checking to the line load object.
|Ver. 2.6.56 2014/09/29|
- Load sum for point loads corrected.
- Load sum for beam loads corrected.
|Ver. 2.6.55 2014/09/16|
- Corrected section table export to Frame Analysis.
- Corrected beam release export to Frame Analysis.
- If beams releases were present in a model, erroneous instabilities were reported.
- Added diagram rendering for various objects in a level view.
- Corrected selection and snapping for various objects in a level view.
- Corrected section table export to Frame Analysis.
- Corrected beam release export to Frame Analysis.
- If beams were present in a model, version 2.6.54 erroneously indicated instabilities.
|Ver. 2.6.54 2014/09/10|
- Tension only element behaviour improved.
- Surface intersection tolerances relaxed, caused problems with spline with more than 50 000 control points.
- Added four new end-release options for linear elements.
- Slab curve loop tolerances relaxed.
- Load sum was incorrect if partial beam loads were used, corrected.
- Added the plane area support object to level rendering.
|Ver. 2.6.53 2014/08/20|
- Construction lines were not selectable in level views, introduced version 2.6.51.
|Ver. 2.6.52 2014/08/19|
- Added a "Tension only" setting to the sections table.
- Improved Frame Analysis model imports containing beam loads.
|Ver. 2.6.51 2014/08/14|
- Trimming beams and columns failed to trim hosted beam distributed and point loads, corrected.
- Trimming columns crashed Sumo when closing the model or exiting the program, corrected.
- Surface commands now support beams, monolithic beams, columns, rigid links and line supports.
- Revolve curves command crashed Sumo if cancelled before completion, corrected.
- Revolve curves command crashed Sumo if an invalid revolution axis was encountered, corrected.
- Window selection in level views often selected hidden objects, corrected.
- Node number gaps in a Frame Analysis model caused problems during import, corrected.
|Ver. 2.6.50 2014/08/07|
- Occasional crash with trim operations involving construction lines corrected.
- Improved bounds checking on certain meshing operations.
|Ver. 2.6.49 2014/08/01|
- Occasional numerical instability when using rigid links corrected.
- Partial update of Intel components.
|Ver. 2.6.48 2014/06/12|
- The meshing process can now be interrupted.
- Version display was blank after a File/New, corrected.
|Ver. 2.6.47 2014/06/09|
- Improved drawing tools TAB behaviour.
- Reactions results were always shown in kN and m units, corrected.
- Rounding removed from beam force results display.
- Load combinations did not display all included load cases, corrected.
|Ver. 2.6.46 2014/05/14|
- Corrected bug report generation on application exit.
- Corrected new model initialization errors.
- Beam point load offsets now correctly exported to Steel Member Design for Combined Stress.
- Steel Member Design for Combined Stress design link now supports partial beam loads also.
|Ver. 2.6.45 2014/04/22|
- Rectangular Column Design link ignored axial tension in columns, corrected.
|Ver. 2.6.44 2014/04/15|
- Adding second-order effects to a modal analysis crashed Sumo, corrected.
- Improvements to non-linear analysis.
|Ver. 2.6.43 2014/04/01|
- Corrected local beam element orientations for curved beams.
- Corrected the wglMakeCurrent OpenGL error message.
- Graphically displayed value for beam torsion was incorrect.
- Corrected envelope plotting for curved beams.
- Limited number errors reported on non-convergent load cases to 10.
|Ver. 2.6.42 2014/03/17|
- Corrected slab distributed load rendering.
- Improved load combination rendering.
- Column extension after insertion crashed Sumo, corrected.
- Corrected extents calculation for rigid links - caused erratic box selection behaviour.
|Ver. 2.6.41 2014/03/04|
- Concrete shell design: BS 8110 and SABS 0100 were switched, introduced 2.6.40.
|Ver. 2.6.40 2014/03/03|
- Corrected standard setting for shell reinforcement design, introduced with version 2.6.39.
- Improved loop closure detection and correction (slabs, plane area loads and supports).
- Corrected text rendering anomalies after changing units.
|Ver. 2.6.39 2014/02/20|
- Removed Circular Column Design option from the design group table.
- Corrected a problem with Rectangular Column Design link default values.
- Disabled section and material table context menu items when no model is loaded.
- Updated the Microsoft runtime.
|Ver. 2.6.38 2014/02/10|
- Importing Frame Analysis models created two empty load cases, corrected.
- Corrected finite element meshing problems on 64-bit machines.
- Plane area supports failed to intersect properly, corrected.
- Custom section processing now more fault tolerant.
- Corrected Calcsheet problems on 64-bit machines.
|Ver. 2.6.37 2014/01/30|
- Corrected a units initialization bug when exporting to the Rectangular Column Design module.
- Corrected a multi-node export bug when exporting to the Rectangular Column Design module.
|Ver. 2.6.36 2014/01/23|
- A time and date handling bug crashed Sumo for time zones UTC+12 and UTC+13, corrected.
|Ver. 2.6.35 2014/01/15|
- Models with a large number of beam elements (>50) connecting to a common node crashed Sumo, corrected.
|Ver. 2.6.34 2014/01/09|
- Plane area support direction was incorrect, bug introduced with v2.6.33.
|Ver. 2.6.33 2013/12/23|
- Modified Intel MKL usage slightly.
- Base design link switched the signs of the two horizontal shear forces, corrected.
- Corrected occasional crash when switching models.
|Ver. 2.6.32 2013/12/10|
- Displayed unit for elasticity modulus was incorrect if the length unit was set to mm.
- Added strength and non-linear data import for all materials.
- Analysed flag kept reverting to "Not Analysed", corrected.
- Analysed date now stored for the model.
- Designed date now stored for design groups.
- Base design group now persists standard name and reinforcement data.
- Design groups now display a warning is the designed date is earlier than the analysis date.
- Added support for importing AutoCAD® 2013 and 2014 drawings.
- Added material property to the pad footing object.
- Rectangular Column Design group added (round-trip design).
- Design links now supports units other than the defaults.
- More complete support for US customary units.
- Corrected partial line load import form Frame Analysis.
- Corrected US customary unit import from Frame Analysis.
- Complete update of Intel MKL Library components.
|Ver. 2.6.31 2013/11/14|
- Analysis model auditors now limited to 50 errors per check.
- Shell meshes were not correctly imported from Frame Analysis (gaps in the node number sequence), corrected.
- Line loads on monolithic beams crashed Sumo, corrected.
- Various problems with tapered beam elements corrected.
- Added strength data import and saving for concrete materials.
- Sumo now issues a critical error if the entire length of a line load is not applied to elements.
|Ver. 2.6.30 2013/11/07|
- Empty contour range dialog corrected.
- Corrected unresponsive drawing tools.
- Copying a hosted object with an invalid host crashed Sumo, corrected.
- Added additional data to the analytical supports table.
- Sumo now writes shell load input data to database during analysis.
- Equilibrium check data added to results.
- Object copies neglected group, design group, name and notes properties - corrected.
- Improved command implementation w.r.t. reference objects.
- Monolithic beam object auto split corrected.
- Corrected crash after copying loads with load combination display turned on.
- Corrected undo stack corruption when cancelling the draw or modify slab command.
- Hosted loads are now deleted when the host is deleted.
- Beam point loads on nodes are now converted to nodal loads for analysis.
- Optimised the writing of shell results.
- Sumo crashed during box selection and view switching after importing a Frame Analysis model, corrected.
- Sumo crashed during the trim command if nodes were selected, corrected.
- Mirror and rotate now update the rotation angle of beam, monolithic beam and column objects.
- Support added for the modified material database file format.
|Ver. 2.6.29 2013/10/14|
- Added memory allocation checks for ColSol solver.
- Corrected contour range problem in modal and buckling analyses.
- Added end and mid-snapping to plane area support.
- Plane area loads and supports can now be mirrored.
- Improved plane area and line support intersection behaviour.
- Added mesh constraint curves to slabs.
- Fixed section import bug that crashed Sumo.
- Added checks for invalid section data from the section database.
|Ver. 2.6.28 2013/09/27|
- Corrected local beam/column axis orientation calculation after editing.
- Corrected moment/shear display of beams/columns with internal point and distributed loads.
- Element quality checks added to automatic meshing.
- Table exports to Excel no supports unlimited number of rows.
- Added contour range setting feature to results views.
|Ver. 2.6.27 2013/09/18|
- Various meshing improvements.
- Corrected unresponsive multiple point support and pad footing commands.
- Partial update of Intel MKL Library components.
|Ver. 2.6.26 2013/09/16|
- Slab UDL did not update its display to new or modified slab edges, corrected.
- Various meshing improvements.
- Added a check for invalid elements after meshing.
- Check model stopped prematurely when set to buckling analysis, corrected.
- Level table number columns sorted as text, corrected.
- Improved the command system.
|Ver. 2.6.25 2013/09/04|
- Right clicking in the non-data area of the load combination table crashed Sumo, corrected.
- Added shear areas to the section table.
- Changing the view type in a construction line command crashed Sumo, corrected (introduced 2.6.24).
- Importing a Sumo model now merges the two databases.
- Invalid shells are not added to the analysis model and no longer generate critical errors.
- Changes to a connected object erroneously cleared mesh tessellations on all object connections, corrected.
- Level extent display corrected.
- Corrected crash when using keyboard input.
|Ver. 2.6.24 2013/09/02|
- Corrected degenerate connection curve meshing error (caused crash).
- Corrected buckling analysis with shells.
- Removed redundant error checking for the "Send to Calcpad" command.
- Plane area loads and supports no longer create nodes at boundary curve ends.
- Construction lines accumulated in the input streams of level views, corrected.
- View switching during an incomplete command led to open undo histories, corrected.
- Improved display rebuild speed of slab distributed loads.
|Ver. 2.6.23 2013/08/27|
- Corrected input update bug (introduced with version 2.6.22).
- Removed a haunch limitation that prevented haunches deeper than the original section depth.
- Non-linear analysis with shell elements crashed Sumo, corrected.
- Intermittent crashes after cancelling commands corrected.
- Corrected various meshing errors (topological clean up).
- Construction line input points added to the property palette.
|Ver. 2.6.22 2013/08/22|
- Improved column footprint extraction for slab meshing.
- Additional checking on walls prior to meshing.
- The messages tab sometimes displayed errors on deleted objects, corrected.
- Editing that caused node changes, crashed Sumo if the Find Node command was active, corrected.
- Added more error checking to meshing operations.
- Sumo now corrects boundary curves on slabs and plane shells imported from Revit®.
- Corrected various meshing errors.
|Ver. 2.6.21 2013/08/14|
- Corrected crash when viewing beam force results (introduced with version 2.6.19).
|Ver. 2.6.20 2013/08/14|
- Corrected crash when viewing results (introduced with version 2.6.19).
|Ver. 2.6.19 2013/08/14|
- Relaxed tolerances on line load to beam intersection tests.
- Adding nodes to groups caused a crash after editing the model, corrected.
- Additional error checking on property changes (opacity).
- Find node command added.
|Ver. 2.6.18 2013/08/05|
- Reaction results now support animation.
- Wall base curve error tolerance relaxed.
- Corrected errors with Frame Analysis model import related to missing node numbers.
|Ver. 2.6.17 2013/07/25|
- Shells displacement factor was incorrect (display only) for buckling and modal analyses, corrected.
- More robust intersection calculation.
- Additional checking for deleted objects before analysis.
|Ver. 2.6.16 2013/07/23|
- Corrected meshing error if bounding curves tessellation was uneven (triangles in output mesh).
- Deflection output always showed the total, regardless of chosen component.
- Sumo now supports model saving after analysis.
- Improved mesh error checking.
- Sumo sometimes crashed if a level view was closed while a command was active, corrected.
- Additional error checking added to area supports and area loads.
- More robust command input rendering.
- Load case and combination changes now update the view palette.
- Sumo sometimes crashed after using the selection filter, corrected.
|Ver. 2.6.15 2013/07/17|
- Additional error checking before starting analyses.
- Wall distributed loads rendered on the wrong side of the wall if the wall normal was flipped, corrected.
- Columns without valid sections connected to slabs crashed Sumo during meshing, corrected.
- Added the monolithic beam object.
- Sumo now excludes uninitialised objects from extents calculations.
- Added additional error checking to design commands.
- Added additional error checking to model auditor.
- Load combination display did not update properly, corrected.
- Added multiplier properties to the shell forces and reaction output palettes.
- Fixed convergence problem with shell models and buckling analyses.
- Shell force results now supports animation.
|Ver. 2.6.14 2013/07/03|
- Closing Sumo during an animation caused errors, corrected.
- Corrected a problem with load combination rendering and line loads.
- Design group table did not update after analysis completion, corrected.
- Non-prismatic sections now excluded from intersections.
- Removed limits on shell point loads.
- Corrected connection problems with beams, columns and line loads.
|Ver. 2.6.13 2013/06/12|
- Load cases and combinations can now be hidden or shown by using the Visible property in the Tables palette.
- Hidden load cases are now automatically turned on when a load is added to it.
- Loading colour can now be set by load case.
- All reference list dropdowns are now sorted (e.g. load case dropdowns).
- Modifying non-geometrical load properties no longer invalidates meshes.
- Relaxed tolerances on plane shell and slab overlap checks.
- Added labels to the plane area load, slab UDL load and wall UDL load.
|Ver. 2.6.12 2013/06/03|
- Sumo crashed on dropped network connections during results display, corrected.
- Temporarily removed the Meshing and Backup tabs from the Sumo options sheet.
- Added additional error checking to the tabular results view.
- Plane area loads and plane area supports can now be edited.
- Plane area supports now interact with plane shells.
- Eliminated rendering problems with circles, arcs, ellipses, elliptic arcs and splines.
|Ver. 2.6.11 2013/05/27|
- Switching views while in certain commands crashed Sumo, corrected.
- Disabled OpenGL vertical sync for performance gains.
- Additional error checking on the skinned surfaces command.
- Sumo crashed if Unicode characters were used in the filename, corrected.
- Analysis commands now only available when an editable window is active.
- Mirror command on a plane area load crashed Sumo, corrected.
- Section and material database default paths now based on the executable location.
- Template load failure crashed Sumo, corrected.
|Ver. 2.6.10 2013/05/20|
- Corrected the import of harmonic analysis settings for Frame Analysis models.
- The Load Cases table now updates the visibility of columns based on the analysis type.
- Enabled the opacity property of various Sumo objects.
- Corrected an error that crashed Sumo when discretising very short line segments.
- Deflections and beam forces for static analyses now support animation.
- Corrected plane shell overlap checking.
- Invalid plane shell objects crashed Sumo during input, corrected.
- Refined connection algorithm for multiple point connections on curves.
- Discretised wall position did not match the input wall position, corrected.
|Ver. 2.6.09 2013/04/08|
- Added error checking to concrete reinforcement design parameters.
- Corrected the plotting of reactions for rotated supports.
- The "continue" option is now active by default for all plane area sketch commands.
- Corrected errors in the discretisation of line loads that crashed Sumo.
|Ver. 2.6.08 2013/03/20|
- Fixed an undo memory leak.
- Sumo sometimes crashed when setting group visibility, corrected.
- Sumo sometimes crashed after reporting on node errors, corrected.
- Corrected length calculation on the same node check, beam length check and cable length check.
- Added the plane shell object.
- Shell convexity check crashed Sumo, corrected.
- Adding line loads in two different models in the same Sumo session caused a crash, corrected.
- Added normal flipping (and display) to the wall object.
|Ver. 2.6.07 2013/03/13|
- Corrected bug that crashed Sumo when closing a document, introduced with version 2.6.06.
|Ver. 2.6.06 2013/03/13|
- Changed the timing of log messages during analysis slightly.
- Assigning groups and design groups invalidated the analysis results, corrected.
- Beam UDL, beam point load, slab and wall UDL preview invalidated analysis results and meshing, corrected.
- A problem with the undo system caused a crash when analysing, corrected.
- Changed the default name of groups and design groups.
- Changing pad footing dimensions no longer invalidates the analysis (applies to design groups also).
- Base design groups now retain previous design values (geometry and material parameters).
- Base design link now preserves the most recently used parameter values.
- Copying groups and design groups hung Sumo, corrected.
- Corrected group and design group deletion bug.
- Coincident nodes crashed Sumo on analysis, corrected.
- Starting an analysis with results views and a level view open crashed Sumo, corrected.
|Ver. 2.6.05 2013/02/28|
- Refinements to Frame Analysis model imports.
- Added some features to facilitate automatic benchmarking.
- Sumo now exports self-weight only cases correctly.
- Sumo models can now be opened with a double click on the file.
- Corrected reinforcement calculation.
- Additional error checking on second order moment and shear plotting.
- Added analysis model checking for solids.
- Added analysis model checking for supports.
- Added analysis model checking for sections.
- Added analysis model checking for nodal loads.
- Added analysis model checking for element loads.
- Added analysis model checking for shell loads.
- Moved the table context menu from left click to right click.
- Corrected various issues with groups and design groups that caused crashes on closing models.
- Sumo now aborts the analysis if database packing fails.
- Removed rigid links from overlap checks.
|Ver. 2.6.04 2013/02/12|
- Added additional error checking to the "Clear Results" command.
- Slab and wall meshing now set the "Modified" and "Analysed" flags.
- Added analysis model checking for nodes.
- Sumo did not clear self weight setting when the option was unchecked, corrected.
- Added analysis model checking for beam elements.
- Added analysis model checking for cable elements.
- Export of self weight case to Frame Analysis corrected.
- Added analysis model checking for shells.
- Rolled back Intel MKL Library update.
- Support spring constants are now forced to zero if the support is not of the correct type.
- Rolled back Intel MKL Library update.
|Ver. 2.6.03 2013/02/06|
- Sumo now enforces the assumption that slabs are planar and horizontal.
- Corrected section orientation mismatch between the volumetric and diagrammatic views for beams and columns.
- Improved intersection algorithm for multiple loads on the same curve or point.
- Sumo now waits for initialization to complete before enabling the close button.
- Improved error handling for overlapping slabs.
- Updated Intel MKL Library (solver).
- Corrected local axis z-direction for topology curve sweeps.
- Updated Intel MKL Library.
|Ver. 2.6.02 2013/02/04|
- Updated the bug reporting library.
- Corrected copying of plane area supports.
- Rebuild for new exception reporting system.
- Rebuild for new exception reporting system.
|Ver. 2.6.01 2013/01/29|
- Corrected intersection errors that usually occurred only when using the "Regenerate Model" command.
- Corrected import of haunched elements from Frame.
- Corrected wall distributed load rendering anomalies.
- Connection graph retained object maps if the objects were deleted in groups, corrected.
- Corrected nodal insertions of point lads not marked "Insert node".
- Corrected spurious error message on model load: "Linear extents of model exceed 1 000m".
- Added an additional curve check to the slab drawing tools.
- Sumo crashed on subsequent load cases if an error was encountered on the initial compilation of the stiffness matrix, corrected.
|Ver. 2.6.00 2013/01/11|
- Changed the default for load cases and load combinations.
- Implemented line copying for the load case table and load combination table.
- Frame import improved.
- Added a check for zero area finite elements.
- Implemented row duplication and deletion in the input tables.
- Various small meshing improvements.
- Changed default section naming from "Unnamed" to "Sec_#".
- Version recompile.
|Ver. 2.5.40 2012/11/26|
- The TAB key can now be used to navigate tables.
- Implemented copy and paste in the input tables (right click menu and CTRL+C and CTRL+V).
- Floating context menus added to tables.
- Load cases, Levels and Groups were not properly integrated into the undo system.
- Dragging with left mouse button panned the windows in stead of selecting after switching from the results view to the main model view, corrected.
- Window frames (other than the main model) could sometimes not be moved, corrected.
|Ver. 2.5.39 2012/11/19|
- Plane area loads are now snapable.
- Overlapping beam lines were incorrectly discretized during meshing.
- Model instabilities often caused a crash after analysis failure.
- Copying pad footings did not copy all properties.
|Ver. 2.5.38 2012/11/14|
- Selection preview now also states the object type and name at the bottom of the window.
- Sumo crashed if the triangulation of a slab or wall failed, corrected.
- A bug introduced with version 2.5.35 led to meshing problems if slab loops were not defined in a head-to-tail arrangement, corrected.
|Ver. 2.5.37 2012/11/08|
- Sumo crashed in some commands while switching view type, corrected.
- Additional error checking on beam point loads.
- Sumo crashed if a level outline was deleted in the level view itself, corrected.
- Polar copy, Array copy, Mirror and Offset now support hosted objects.
- The TAB key now cycles through objects under the cursor in selection mode.
|Ver. 2.5.36 2012/11/01|
- Meshing can now be stopped (on a per object basis) by pressing the cancel button.
- Analysis cancellation temporarily disabled.
- Sumo sometimes crashed while closing if a command was active, corrected.
- Added curve validation to slab objects.
- Beams, columns and line supports with invalid layout curves now bypass intersection testing.
- Under certain conditions, setting the visibility of Groups and Design Groups crashed Sumo, corrected.
- Better support for non-rational splines.
|Ver. 2.5.35 2012/10/25|
- Selecting "Measure distance" on a view other than the Main Model view crashed Sumo, corrected.
- Beam loads were not correctly imported from Frame, bug introduced with the previous version of Sumo.
- Corrected display of torsion moments.
- Corrected crash while selecting properties in the filter dialogs.
- Rigid links now support beam point loads and beam distributed loads.
- Improved command switching in outline commands (Slab, Area Supports and Area Loads).
- Added error checking to meshing to intercept invalid walls and slabs.
- The "Check Model" and "Solve" command now set the checked and analysis status to false before starting.
- Deletion of a self weight only case did not invalidate the analysis status.
- More robust loop building for the "Slab", "Area Load" and "Area Support" commands.
- Improved the discritization of line loads.
- Improved the loop building routines of the trimming tools.
|Ver. 2.5.34 2012/10/18|
- Distance tolerance of the model now matches the tolerance of the analytical model (led to node number mismatches previously).
- Improved object change notifications.
- Added support for the Frame v2.5.46 file format.
- Added more error checking to basic mesh operations.
- Added more error checking the model close operation.
- Sumo now closes output windows immediately when the analysis status changes.
- Invalid deflection calculation with multiple "Check Model" commands corrected.
|Ver. 2.5.33 2012/10/10|
- Meshing errors now at least generates a partial mesh.
- Slight change to message timing after meshing is completed.
- Plane area loads connected to elements other than walls and slabs, corrected.
- Large sizes for meshes sometimes led to triangles bounded by boundary edges and a meshing failure, now creates a mixed mesh.
- Sumo crashed when insufficient memory was available for the analysis, corrected.
- Increased the in-core memory use limit to 3GB for the Intel MKL solver.
|Ver. 2.5.32 2012/09/21|
- Fixed crash related to non-opened results views.
- Corrected moment and shear diagrams of beams with no axial force.
- Corrected software hang when viewing circular beam results.
|Ver. 2.5.31 2012/09/18|
- Improved invalid loop correction during meshing.
- Sumo now imports/exports partial beam loads from/to Frame Analysis.
- Hosted loads can now be copied along with their hosts using the Copy and Linear Copy commands.
|Ver. 2.5.30 2012/09/11|
- Corrected the display of weak axis beam shear forces and bending moments for a second-order analysis.
- Improved error checking for line extensions.
- Fixed crash during export to Excel.
|Ver. 2.5.29 2012/09/07|
- Corrected object copy error introduced with the previous release.
|Ver. 2.5.28 2012/09/03|
- Additional error checking when offsetting objects.
- Corrected second-order fixed end moments for axial tension and the fixed-pinned case.
- Meshes containing triangular elements did not convert to slabs properly, corrected.
- Mesh to slab conversion now optimises the number of linear slab curves.
- Intersection testing between 3D meshes and curve-based objects caused a crash.
|Ver. 2.5.27 2012/08/20|
- Corrected crash while drawing reference axes.
- Corrected crash when deleting object list entries in the message table.
- Corrected line load placement on multiple slabs.
- Incorrect own weight when exporting to Strut and Combine corrected.
- Incorrect load combination export to Strut and Combine corrected.
- Improved modelling speed with medium and large models.
- Fixed beam selections for beams with invalid sections.
|Ver. 2.5.26 2012/08/20|
- Beam detail view command is now only availabale after analysis results are available.
- Line load command now adds a default loadcase if none are present.
- Line loads can now be added without inserting nodes and without modification to FE meshes.
- Column bounding boxes are now used for cutting slab meshes.
- Corrected beam distributed loads intersecting with beams other than its parent.
- Various improvements to beam force plots.
- Corrected crash while drawing construction lines.
|Ver. 2.5.25 2012/07/02|
- Corrected meshing problem due to reversed circular arcs.
- Running the slab command with model curves selected, copies the curves into the new slab outline.
- Corrected hang when adding slabs to complex column and slab intersections.
- Beams with invalid sections crashed Sumo on re-opening the model.
- Columns with invalid sections did not flag the error on the messages table.
- Added resizing arrows to the main Sumo window.
- Corrected problems with objects connected to slabs and walls, sometimes retaining the previous mesh intervals.
- Imported meshes from Frame now intersect with native Sumo objects.
- Point loads can now be added without inserting nodes and without modification to FE meshes.
|Ver. 2.5.24 2012/06/22|
- Invalid Line supports, columns and line load crashed Sumo when copied.
- Box selections of line supports corrected.
- Corrected an updating bug during object input that caused a crash on deletion of objects.
- Changed the default column colour to "By Section".
- Added additional error checking to the Apex design link.
- Improved recovery from saving errors.
- Corrected tapered beam errors.
- Property palette now updates property enabled status as well.
- Enhanced meshing for columns on slab re-entrant corners.
- Improved loading delay introduced by the previous update.
|Ver. 2.5.23 2012/06/19|
- Relaxed dimensional tolerances on slab overlap checks.
- Added a line load object.
- Added an import Sumo database feature.
- Corrected problem with the message table that interfered with object connectivity.
- Changed bug report wording.
- Multi-select by control-click duplicated sub-object selection.
- Boxing selections selected invisible objects also - corrected.
- Added a model check feature for static analyses.
- Elements with no structural connections were orphaned after a save and reload.
- Connection graph attempted to intersect elements with themselves during a file load of an incomplete model.
|Ver. 2.5.22 2012/06/08|
- Text was incorrectly occluded in sliced views - corrected.
- More checks added for the Frame export command.
- Maximum axial force now used for the column design links rather than the force at the top of the column.
- Added All, None and Invert buttons to all filter dialogs.
- Snap settings moved to statusbar.
- Point loads closer than the mesh size to slab edges often caused unconnected nodes - corrected.
|Ver. 2.5.21 2012/06/01|
- Various errors corrected w.r.t. to filtering of the results grid.
- Corrected an occasional crash ofter copying slabs and walls.
- Duplicate nodes caused a mismatch between output node numbers and displayed node numbers - corrected.
- Improved error checking for invalid beam data.
- Coordinate entry on level views now also constrained to level elevation.
- Deleting nodes in a level view crashed Sumo - corrected.
|Ver. 2.5.20 2012/05/29|
- Model errors persisted on the message table after errors were corrected.
- Recursive meshing problem fixed.
- Slow editing of slabs intersected by a large number of columns improved.
- Column design links did not properly number loadcases, leading to a incorrect (conservative) accumulation of load.
- Multi-choice selection properties bug introduced with version 2.5.19 corrected.
- Load objects now support colour changes.
|Ver. 2.5.19 2012/05/23|
- Corrected occasional crash when closing level views.
- Corrected crash opening views with context ribbons while a command is active.
- Non linear analysis added.
- Improved error checking when opening grid views.
- Version date added to the About box.
- About box can now be displayed from the application menu and help from the ribbon bar.
- Model auditing after file load added.
- Meshing on slabs sometimes failed when meshing around circular columns intersected by beams or walls - corrected.
- Editing in die main window now updates the property palette dynamically.
- Reference axis table now updates properly when new axes are added.
|Ver. 2.5.18 2012/05/16|
- Added plane area support object.
- Modified the calling procedure for external applications such as Frame.
|Ver. 2.5.17 2012/04/26|
- Deflections for combinations were shown in system units (m).
- Sending a detail view to Excel crashed Sumo.
|Ver. 2.5.16 2012/04/19|
- Improved loading of damaged files.
- Corrected a moment display error when beam point loads are placed on multi-part beam objects.
- Enabled spring support import from Frame Analysis files.
- Corrected loading of results from file with regards to sections.
- Removed internal displacement calculations for beams and columns.
- Added a segments property to beams and columns which adds extra nodes at equally spaced positions.
|Ver. 2.5.15 2012/04/11|
- Improved connection updating for line supports.
- Corrected meshing errors.
- Improved error checking during modelling for interception of invalid data.
- Converting circular arcs to beam objects crashed Sumo - corrected.
- Opening a model containing invalid circles crashed Sumo - corrected.
- Fixed intermittent crash when closing a level view.
- Sumo now prevents the moving or copying of hosted loads (slab UDL, wall UDL, beam UDL and beam point load).
- Walls can now be extended, trimmed, offset and mirrored.
- Attempting solid unions of non-solid and non-surface objects crashed Sumo - corrected.
- Design link to Apex, BeamCol, Cleat, EndPlate and FinPlate crashed Sumo if the element list was empty - corrected.
- Deletion of loadcases and subsequent deletions of loads sometimes caused a crash - corrected.
|Ver. 2.5.14 2012/03/29|
- Corrected circle import from DWG bug.
- Added additional error checking to the wall object.
- Relaxed tolerance checking on nodal coordinates for analysis.
- Improved connection updating for supports.
|Ver. 2.5.13 2012/03/22|
- Construction line command crashed Sumo if the previous command was not explicitly cancelled.
- Reference axis command crashed Sumo if the previous command was not explicitly cancelled.
|Ver. 2.5.12 2012/03/16|
- DWG import (Layers, lines, arcs and circles).
|Ver. 2.5.11 2012/03/13|
- Fixed a bug that refused a license if the installation path contained spaces.
- Fixed a bug that crashed Sumo when a section assigned to an invalid beam, was modified.
- Added additional information in the error messages.
- Corrected license update for multi-user installations.
|Ver. 2.5.10 2012/03/06|
- Corrected an issue with Frame file imports where the Frame model contained beam point loads.
- Added a unit switching feature for length units.
- Corrected an undo\redo error when changing level view depths.
- Object grip handling somewhat more robust.
- Removed self-intersection testing from line supports.
- Corrected an intermittent crash on exit.
- Corrected mouse position updating bug in the surface modelling commands.
- Corrected a coordinate entry bug in the point support command.
- Improved spline drawing command.
- Import sections/materials always opened the database in the user folder instead of the path specified, fixed.
- Improved view (Model, Level etc.) switching with active commands.
- Improved view type (Volumnetric, Analytical etc.) switching with active commands.
- Improved meshing.
|Ver. 2.5.09 2012/02/24|
- Added distributed loading for wall objects.
- Added tolerance to shell verticality check (results graphics).
- Added more error checking to the selection preview process.
- Printing of the results view caused a crash if axial forces were visible.
- Added error correction features to incomplete slabs loaded from file.
|Ver. 2.5.08 2012/02/22|
- Sumo was unstable when the main model window was closed before any other open windows, corrected.
- Selection filter now limits the object types that can be converted beam elements.
- Beam conversion know selects the last section added rather than the default section.
- Closing a window with a command active, caused a crash if that command was used in another window.
- Changing the view type in the middle of a drawing command crashed Sumo.
|Ver. 2.5.07 2012/02/21|
- Imposed limits on message table deletions.
- Added curve validity checks to beams, columns and line supports.
- Modified the searching procedure for finding Prokon installation paths.
- Improved error checking before exporting models to Prokon Frame Analysis.
- Improved error checking in the Plane Area load and Slab commands.
- Sumo now imposes a 65 535 number of rows limit when exporting to Excel.
|Ver. 2.5.06 2012/02/17|
- Line support graphics now update properly after modification.
- Added trimming capabilities to the Wall object.
- Added end and mid snap points to the top of wall objects.
|Ver. 2.5.05 2012/02/15|
- Removed redundant button on the property palette.
- Removed default materials when adding sections.
- Sumo now updates load objects after changing the load size multiplier on the Settings property page.
- Point loads now have a non-zero default value.
- Improved the performance of surface-surface intersections.
- Column tool now properly supports keyboard input.
- Pad footing tool now properly supports keyboard input.
- Spline objects now support non-rational curves.
|Ver. 2.5.04 2012/02/13|
- Improved error checking for the Column tool.
- Corrected an error with beam point loads in the case of reversed node order.
- Corrected an error with multiple beam distributed loads on the same beam.
- Corrected a Slab mirror problem.
|Ver. 2.5.03 2012/02/09|
- Opening invalid files caused a crash.
- Pressing "Accept" in the Plane Area Load command with no curves entered caused a crash.
- Removed the views toolbar.
- Corrected errors in results when using shells in a buckling analysis.
- Corrected errors in results when performing a non-linear analysis.
- Added support for older Frame Analysis files.
- Corrected path processing for installation paths that contain spaces.
|Ver. 2.5.02 2012/02/06|
- Added support for LiveUpdate.
- Added support for pinched openings, e.g. 2 rectangular openings touching at a corner.
- Added support for LiveUpdate.
- Added support for LiveUpdate.
|Ver. 2.5.01 2012/02/02|
- Initial Release.
- Initial Release.