|Ver. 3.1.10 2019/11/18|
- Bending moment diagram for load combinations fixed.
|Ver. 3.1.09 2019/11/05|
- Bending moment diagram for point loads on beam fixed.
|Ver. 3.1.08 2019/10/22|
- Bending moment diagram for partial UDLs fixed.
|Ver. 3.1.07 2019/08/26|
- Shear check added for round hollow sections.
|Ver. 3.1.06 2019/06/26|
- SANS 10162-1:2011 - Support for class 4 channel sections added.
|Ver. 3.1.05 2019/03/13|
- Occasional exception (RESOURCE NOT FOUND) fixed.
|Ver. 3.1.04 2019/01/24|
|Ver. 3.1.03 2018/12/04|
- Bending moments for vertical elements rotated through 90 deg fixed.
|Ver. 3.1.02 2018/11/15|
- Design link from Frame: Now compatible with all versions of Frame.
|Ver. 3.1.01 2018/11/06|
- SABS 0162-2 1993: Warning added for profiles not supported.
|Ver. 3.1.00 2018/09/28|
|Ver. 3.0.32 2018/09/18|
- Sign problems when processing Sumo output files, fixed.
|Ver. 3.0.31 2018/09/04|
- Bending moments for vertical elements occasionally inverted.
|Ver. 3.0.30 2018/08/23|
- Bending moments for elements with beta angle of 180 degrees were occasionally inverted.
|Ver. 3.0.29 2018/08/17|
- Occasional problem with restoring effective length from saved files, fixed.
|Ver. 3.0.28 2018/06/19|
- Inconsistency when selecting from preferred sections, fixed.
|Ver. 3.0.27 2018/05/09|
- NZS 3404 - Adjustment to section slenderness calculation.
|Ver. 3.0.26 2018/05/07|
- Problems related to reading of Frame output files in other folders, fixed.
|Ver. 3.0.25 2018/05/04|
- Recompile to remove 'FP' tag which was for internal usage.
|Ver. 3.0.24 2018/04/17|
- Exception after selecting Canadian Code, fixed.
|Ver. 3.0.23 2018/03/16|
- Max number of point loads per element increased to 2000.
|Ver. 3.0.22 2018/02/13|
- EC 3 : Country annex values now supported.
|Ver. 3.0.21 2017/08/21|
- Bending of laterally unsupported members: 2 occasionally conservatively taken as 1.
|Ver. 3.0.20 2017/07/12|
- Visibility of "Detailed Equations" button were not always correct.
|Ver. 3.0.19 2017/07/11|
- Hanging problem with Canadian code CSA S16-09 fixed.
|Ver. 3.0.18 2017/06/21|
- Display area of file name enlarged.
|Ver. 3.0.17 2017/06/19|
- Corrections applied to implementation of CSA S19-09.
|Ver. 3.0.16 2017/06/14|
- Support added for Canadian code CSA S16-09.
|Ver. 3.0.15 2017/03/28|
- Provision made for Second Order analyses of 2D frames.
|Ver. 3.0.14 2017/03/23|
- Occasional "cannot focus disabled window" error fixed.
|Ver. 3.0.13 2017/03/10|
- Occasional range check when saving file, fixed.
|Ver. 3.0.12 2017/02/21|
- Internal nodes: Selection of continuous member improved.
|Ver. 3.0.11 2016/09/13|
- Occasional range check error fixed.
|Ver. 3.0.10 2016/09/08|
- Delay when switching to Design page, fixed.
|Ver. 3.0.09 2016/07/28|
- "Zoom Extents" now performed on saved views by default.
|Ver. 3.0.08 2016/07/28|
- Problem with saved views, fixed.
|Ver. 3.0.07 2016/04/06|
- Compatibility problem with large fonts, fixed.
|Ver. 3.0.06 2016/02/25|
- Exception when selecting interactive input, fixed.
|Ver. 3.0.05 2016/02/16|
- Spaces in Load case names now handled correctly.
|Ver. 3.0.04 2016/01/19|
- Error message when opened from Sumo, fixed.
|Ver. 3.0.03 2016/01/15|
- Range check error when using huge numbers of tasks, fixed.
|Ver. 3.0.02 2016/01/06|
- Occasional range check error during start up, fixed.
|Ver. 3.0.01 2015/12/09|
- Correction of licensing error introduced by maintenance release.
|Ver. 3.0.00 2015/12/01|
- Major release.
- Implemented new user interface library.
|Ver. 2.6.25 2015/11/18|
- Support built in for more than 9 load cases in Sumo.
|Ver. 2.6.24 2015/09/22|
- Summarized results enabled for EC3.
|Ver. 2.6.23 2015/07/22|
- Error message when opening analysis result from Sumo Structural Modeller, fixed.
|Ver. 2.6.22 2015/06/09|
- Added support for New Zealand steel design code NZS 3404 - 1997.
|Ver. 2.6.21 2015/03/13|
- In the case of slenderness failure the first load case was indicated as the critical load case.
|Ver. 2.6.20 2015/01/21|
- Number of load cases supported increased to 1000.
|Ver. 2.6.19 2014/10/23|
- Slenderness ratio failure was now considered when listing all failing members.
- Exception when trying to design angle members, fixed.
|Ver. 2.6.18 2014/10/17|
- Sign of bending moment diagram fixed for point loads in the Z-direction on vertical beams.
|Ver. 2.6.17 2014/06/23|
- SANS10162-2005: Occasional exception when displaying detailed equations for lipped channels fixed.
|Ver. 2.6.16 2014/06/03|
- In the case of an L/r failure results for the first load case were displayed.
- It has now been modified to show results for the critical load case.
|Ver. 2.6.15 2014/06/02|
- Stack overflow error fixed.
|Ver. 2.6.14 2014/05/30|
- Detailed equations for SANS10162-2005: Value of Mrx occasionally incorrect.
- Sign of axial force diagram fixed.
- Maximum number of beam elements increased from 100 000 to 500 000.
|Ver. 2.6.13 2014/05/15|
- Occasional problem with position of point loads on beams, fixed.
|Ver. 2.6.12 2014/04/02|
- AS4100: Member with no bending moments resulted in an exception when viewing detailed equations.
|Ver. 2.6.11 2013/09/06|
- Problems with converting from imperial units, fixed.
|Ver. 2.6.10 2013/07/24|
- Last effective length factor Kz stored (Windows registry).
|Ver. 2.6.09 2013/07/08|
- Detailed exception error reporting now enabled.
|Ver. 2.6.08 2013/06/21|
- IS:800-2007: Option added to override Buckling class.
- IS:800-2007: Corrections made to detailed equations for circular hollow sections.
- AS4100: Eq 8.4.5 fixed for very large axial forces.
|Ver. 2.6.07 2013/05/29|
- Bending moment diagrams after second order analyses, fixed.
|Ver. 2.6.06 2013/05/03|
- IS:800-2007: Combined bending and tension of circular hollow sections corrected.
|Ver. 2.6.05 2013/05/03|
- IS:800-2007: Support for circular hollow sections added.
|Ver. 2.6.04 2013/03/20|
- SANS10162: Effect of thin webs on moment resistance (14.3.4) was taken into account but has now been added to detailed equations.
|Ver. 2.6.03 2013/02/27|
- Second order analysis: Problem with moments in short beams fixed.
|Ver. 2.6.02 2013/02/04|
- Second order analysis: Problem with shear forces fixed.
|Ver. 2.6.01 2013/01/21|
- Second order analysis: Sign of bending moment diagram fixed.
|Ver. 2.6.00 2012/12/05|
|Ver. 2.5.34 2012/11/21|
- Occasional incorrect error messages when encountering unsupported profiles, fixed.
|Ver. 2.5.33 2012/11/15|
- Maximum shear force corrected for second order analysis.
|Ver. 2.5.32 2012/10/30|
- Added support for Frame Analysis output files with extensions other than ".OUT".
|Ver. 2.5.31 2012/10/05|
- Partial UDLs introduced in Frame ver 2.5.46, now supported.
|Ver. 2.5.30 2012/09/14|
- Code selection dialog dialogue box was fully visible with large fonts selection.
|Ver. 2.5.29 2012/08/22|
- Maximum number of elements increased from 50,000 to 100,000.
|Ver. 2.5.28 2012/07/31|
- Occasional "freezing" problem when using EC3, fixed.
|Ver. 2.5.27 2012/06/21|
- Precision of detailed equations enhanced for AS4100.
|Ver. 2.5.26 2012/05/22|
- Section database location now displayed in taskbar.
|Ver. 2.5.25 2012/05/02|
- Maximum number of elements increased from 30 000 to 50 000.
|Ver. 2.5.24 2012/02/29|
|Ver. 2.5.23 2012/02/09|
- Occasional memory allocation exception fixed.
|Ver. 2.5.22 2012/02/02|
- During interactive input of data, Mx an My diagrams where occasionally reversed.
|Ver. 2.5.21 2011/11/25|
- Occasional exception 103 message fixed.
|Ver. 2.5.20 2011/11/18|
- Program recompile to prevent occasional input/output error 103.
|Ver. 2.5.19 2011/10/31|
- Very large axial forces in Frame output file occasionally resulted in the loss of the sign of the force.
|Ver. 2.5.18 2011/10/21|
- Email address for exception reports adjusted to new central destination.
|Ver. 2.5.17 2011/10/20|
- Exception when clicking "Settings" button, fixed.
|Ver. 2.5.16 2011/10/17|
- Problem with lipped channels with horizontal web, fixed.
|Ver. 2.5.15 2011/09/02|
- Mesh size for deep lipped channels refined.
|Ver. 2.5.14 2011/07/29|
- Bending moment diagrams for rotated beam elements consisting of multiple elements were occasionally incorrect.
|Ver. 2.5.13 2011/07/22|
- Resetting of profile to I-sections upon "Add task", fixed.
|Ver. 2.5.12 2011/06/30|
- Button added to list all failing members.
- Section name added to list of members on "Members" tab.
- Section name added to output.
- Mx and My now automatically swapped for beams rotated in Frame by using the I2 or H2 profile selection.
|Ver. 2.5.11 2011/06/06|
- Problem with selecting saved views, fixed.
|Ver. 2.5.10 2011/05/26|
- Design link with Frame Analysis updated to support new six-digit node format.
|Ver. 2.5.09 2011/05/20|
- The zoomed state of the structure is now preserved when the rotate buttons are clicked.
|Ver. 2.5.08 2011/03/09|
- Maximum number of section properties increased from 500 to 1000.
|Ver. 2.5.07 2011/02/02|
- Load case names were read incorrectly in version 2.5.06.
|Ver. 2.5.06 2011/01/17|
- Provision made for six-digit node numbers (up to 999999).
|Ver. 2.5.05 2010/12/21|
- AS4100 : Ns values were shown with N units instead of kN.
|Ver. 2.5.04 2010/09/28|
- Point loads on rotated beams (beta angle in Frame) now supported.
|Ver. 2.5.03 2010/08/24|
- Maximum number of load combinations increased form 150 to 500.
|Ver. 2.5.02 2010/07/28|
- Max L/r ratio (tension) of 300 was used instead of entered limits.
|Ver. 2.5.01 2010/07/15|
- Tapered section can no longer be selected or designed.
|Ver. 2.5.00 2010/07/05|
|Ver. 2.4.39 2010/06/09|
- Point loads on beam elements occasionaly incorrectly combined in case of "Load combinations only setting".
|Ver. 2.4.38 2010/05/21|
- AISC - 1999 LRFD only: WARNING: Tensile forces were entered into' equation H1_1 as a negative value, resulting in the strength of members being over estimated.
|Ver. 2.4.37 2010/04/10|
- Change the b and h dimensions of hollow sections to be read from the respective columns in the section database instead of from the section title.
|Ver. 2.4.36 2009/04/08|
- Detailed equations enabled for CSA-S16 code.
|Ver. 2.4.35 2009/03/31|
- AS4100: Range check error in case of 0 axial force, fixed.
|Ver. 2.4.34 2009/12/21|
- Detailed calculations adjusted (see ver 2.4.33).
|Ver. 2.4.33 2009/12/18|
- Section class for channels welded toe to toe, were incorrect.
|Ver. 2.4.32 2009/12/09|
- Support added for cold formed lipped channels (SABS 0162-2:1993).
- Correction to bending moment due to point loads when a second order analysis was done and member axial force was zero.
|Ver. 2.4.31 2009/10/15|
- AS4100: Calculation of lambda_n in detailed equations, fixed.
|Ver. 2.4.30 2009/10/08|
- AS4100: Calculation of Nc in detailed equations, fixed.
|Ver. 2.4.29 2009/09/17|
- Maximum number of intermediate nodes on a element increased from 70 to 200.
|Ver. 2.4.28 2009/09/10|
- Saved views now imported from Frame input file.
|Ver. 2.4.27 2009/09/09|
- Maximum number of load cases increased from 100 to 200.
|Ver. 2.4.26 2009/08/27|
- SANS10162: Web stiffener spacing can now be specified to enhance shear capacity.
|Ver. 2.4.25 2009/04/30|
- Problem with auto-selection of internal nodes fixed.
|Ver. 2.4.24 2009/04/29|
- SANS10162- 13.8.2(b): Calculation of overall member strength for channel sections, fixed.
|Ver. 2.4.23 2009/03/16|
- Problem with frames containing rigid links, fixed.
|Ver. 2.4.22 2009/03/10|
- Indian Standard (IS 800 : 2007) added.
- AS 4100 : Section class on summarized design page corrected to correlate with detailed design sheets.
|Ver. 2.4.21 2009/02/27|
- Check added to ignore rigid links.
|Ver. 2.4.20 2009/02/24|
- Added support for design of angle sections with AS 4100.
|Ver. 2.4.19 2009/01/27|
- Recompiled for compatibility with quest user configurations.
|Ver. 2.4.18 2009/01/14|
- SANS10162: Kz added to detailed equations. It is assumed to be the lesser of Kx and Ky.
|Ver. 2.4.17 2009/01/14|
- SANS10162: Ky was taken as 1 since version 2.4.15.
|Ver. 2.4.16 2009/01/08|
- Occasional problem with indicating internal nodes fixed.
|Ver. 2.4.15 2008/12/11|
- SANS10162: Corrections to intermediate detailed equations. Final results were correct.
|Ver. 2.4.14 2008/12/04|
- 2nd order analysis on a 2D frame now supported.
|Ver. 2.4.13 2008/12/01|
- SANS10162: Detailed equations for calculating Cr corrected.
|Ver. 2.4.12 2008/09/29|
- Problem with selecting code of practice, fixed.
|Ver. 2.4.11 2008/09/22|
- Range check problem fixed.
|Ver. 2.4.10 2008/09/21|
- Problem with detection of internal nodes, fixed.
|Ver. 2.4.09 2008/09/18|
- Detection of internal nodes refined.
|Ver. 2.4.08 2008/09/17|
- Summarized equations corrected for LRFD-1999.
|Ver. 2.4.07 2008/09/16|
- Maximum number of load cases increased form 50 to 150.
|Ver. 2.4.06 2008/09/15|
- E-modulus for steel corrected for LRFD-1999.
|Ver. 2.4.05 2008/09/09|
- Graphical display of selected groups and internal nodes, improved.
|Ver. 2.4.04 2008/09/07|
- Shear check added for SANS10162 code.
|Ver. 2.4.03 2008/06/04|
- Own weight accelerations in X,Y and Z directions now supported.
|Ver. 2.4.02 2008/05/23|
- SABS 0163 - 1984: Values of Wx and Wy now limited to 1 for hollow sections.
|Ver. 2.4.01 2008/05/08|
- Separate working folders now stored for multiple Prokon installations on one PC.
|Ver. 2.4.00 2008/03/25|
|Ver. 2.3.12 2008/03/15|
- Some point laods in global Y direction were applied in the wrong direction.
|Ver. 2.3.11 2008/02/15|
- Point loads on vertical elements were applied in the wrong direction.
|Ver. 2.3.10 2007/12/13|
- SANS10162: U1yMuy component of summarised equations occasionally incorrect.
- Equation totals as well as detailed equations were correct.
|Ver. 2.3.09 2007/10/08|
- Members tab: Members with same section number are now sorted according to node numbers.
|Ver. 2.3.08 2007/09/04|
- Occasional range check error when using AS4100 code, fixed.
|Ver. 2.3.07 2007/07/09|
- Kx, Ky and Ke factors on Members table now supports an optional m suffix to specify an.
- effective length in stead of a factor.
|Ver. 2.3.06 2007/06/14|
- Beam loads in global Z direction were not transformed if element's beta angle<>0.
|Ver. 2.3.05 2007/06/06|
- Zero divide error when viewing detailed equations for members without moments, fixed.
|Ver. 2.3.04 2007/06/03|
- Check added to prevent occasional runtime error when no frame output file exists.
|Ver. 2.3.03 2007/05/09|
- BS5950-2000: Equivalent uniform moment factor "mx" was assigned to "my" also.
|Ver. 2.3.02 2007/03/26|
- "Load case" selection box on Design tab disabled when "interactive input" option selected.
|Ver. 2.3.01 2007/03/21|
- Tapered sections, containing spaces in section names, now imported properly.
|Ver. 2.3.00 2007/03/12|
|Ver. 2.2.25 2007/02/23|
- Interactive input resulted in incorrect moment diagrams if the previous Frame.
- Analysis contained beta angles (rotation of beam elements).
|Ver. 2.2.24 2007/02/07|
- Element forces were incorrect, but only when a second order analysis was done,
- no axial forces occured in the beam and more than one point load on beam.
|Ver. 2.2.23 2007/01/05|
- Section class for round hollow sections shown on the summary design page were incorrect.
- This dit not influence the final results though.
|Ver. 2.2.22 2007/01/18|
- Maximum number of nodes increased from 50000 to 100000.
- Maximum number of elements increased from 20000 to 30000.
|Ver. 2.2.20 2006/11/24|
- BS5950-2000: Occasional floating point error fixed.
|Ver. 2.2.19 2006/11/21|
- New option for lightest preferred sections did not always display correct profile.
|Ver. 2.2.18 2006/11/02|
- Option added to limit search for lightest section to preferred sections.
|Ver. 2.2.17 2006/10/31|
- Support added for beam loads in local Z direction ('K' symbol in Frame).
|Ver. 2.2.16 2006/09/20|
- Second term of equation 13.8.2 b (SANS10162) were inaccurate. This did not affect the final result.
|Ver. 2.2.15 2006/09/04|
- Member effective lengths now saved with .S02 file.
|Ver. 2.2.14 2006/08/25|
- Runtime error when accidently duplicating internal loades, fixed.
|Ver. 2.2.13 2006/07/14|
- AISC LRFD -1993 updated to AISC LRFD -1999.
|Ver. 2.2.12 2006/07/11|
- Summarized equations fixed.
|Ver. 2.2.11 2006/06/10|
- Detailed equations enabled for SANS10162.
|Ver. 2.2.10 2006/06/06|
- Circular hollow section can now be designed to SANS10162.
|Ver. 2.2.09 2006/06/05|
- Problem with setting effective lengths individually, fixed.
|Ver. 2.2.08 2006/05/24|
- Problem with reading section properties (caused by version 2.2.06), fixed.
|Ver. 2.2.07 2006/05/16|
- Problem with reading section properties (caused by version 2.2.06), fixed.
|Ver. 2.2.06 2006/05/12|
- Section names containing spaces now supported.
|Ver. 2.2.05 2006/04/13|
- Values of elasticity modulus fixed for AS4100,
|Ver. 2.2.04 2006/04/11|
- Load combination problem with element loads for vertical elements, fixed.
|Ver. 2.2.03 2006/02/07|
- Support for Ver 2.1 data files added.
|Ver. 2.2.02 2006/01/18|
- Recompiled with a complete map file.
|Ver. 2.2.01 2006/01/05|
- Effective length problem corrected (only present in v2.2.0).
|Ver. 2.2.00 2005/12/15|
|Ver. 2.1.16 2005/12/05|
- Occasional problem with inactive "Update task" button, fixed.
|Ver. 2.1.15 2005/11/14|
- Design link from Frame now compatible with the new "stored output" option.
|Ver. 2.1.14 2005/11/01|
- Position of the Settings dialog changed to support dual monitors.
|Ver. 2.1.13 2005/09/15|
- AS4100 : Support added for square, rectangular and circular hollow sections.
|Ver. 2.1.12 2005/09/01|
- Range check error caused by rigid links, fixed.
|Ver. 2.1.11 2005/08/05|
- Support for Australian code (AS4100) added.
|Ver. 2.1.10 2005/06/22|
- Load case error in version 2.1.09 fixed.
|Ver. 2.1.09 2005/06/21|
- Moment diagrams corrected for weak axis beam point loads.
|Ver. 2.1.08 2005/05/11|
- Recompiled for compatibility with sections database.
|Ver. 2.1.07 2005/04/28|
- Calculation of Web class for I and H sections corrected for BS5950-2000.
|Ver. 2.1.06 2005/04/21|
- Sign of bending moment diagrams corrected for vertical elements consisting of more than one element.
|Ver. 2.1.05 2005/04/06|
- Sign of bending moment diagrams were sometimes reversed.
|Ver. 2.1.04 2005/03/24|
- Node capacity increased to 50000 nodes.
|Ver. 2.1.03 2005/03/24|
- Text wrapping disabled to prevent formulas from flowing to the next line.
|Ver. 2.1.02 2005/02/24|
- "Member" tab sometimes did not show all elements for a specific task.
|Ver. 2.1.01 2005/02/16|
|Ver. 2.1.00 2004/09/14|
|Ver. 2.0.06 2004/07/07|
|Ver. 2.0.05 2004/04/02|
- "Range check" error coinciding with BS2000, fixed.
|Ver. 2.0.04 1970/01/01|
- Local direction of global Z loads were incorrect at times.
|Ver. 2.0.03 1970/01/01|
- Support for second order analysis repaired.
|Ver. 2.0.02 1970/01/01|
- "All tasks to calcsheet" function fixed.
|Ver. 2.0.01 2003/06/08|
|Ver. 2.0.00 2003/05/08|