PROKON Structural Analysis and Design is a suite of over forty structural analysis, design and detailing programs. The first PROKON programs were developed in 1989, and today PROKON is used worldwide in over eighty countries. The suite is modular in nature, but its true power lies in the tight integration between analysis, design and detailing programs.
By Engineers, for Engineers
PROKON Structural Analysis and Design is developed by a team of professional engineers and aimed for use by structural engineers and technicians. The software provides quick and reliable answers to everyday structural and geotechnical engineering problems:
- Frame and finite element analysis
- Steel member design
- Steel connection design
- Reinforced and prestressed concrete design
- CAD and reinforced concrete detailing
- Timber member design
- Masonry design
- Other structural applications such as section properties calculation and section database
A collection of geotechnical analysis modules is also available as part of the PROKON suite.
The PROKON suite is modular, yet integrated. Some modules can be used stand-alone, or in conjunction with others. The suite offers a powerful workflow from structural analysis, steel and concrete design, and detailing.
You can use the Concrete Base Design module, for example, on its own or link to it from the Frame Analysis results to have all the design loads entered automatically. Likewise, you can manually detail a concrete footing in Padds, or design the footing in the Concrete Base Design module and have it generate a drawing and bending schedule for you.
When it comes to ordering PROKON, you can include only those modules that you really need. There is no need to order an pay for modules for which you have no use. You also have the option of two program sets in your license: to different selections of modules, customised to your unique requirements. For example, one set of module may be geared for your steel designers (e.g. Frame Analysis plus some steel design modules) and the other set for your concrete designers and detailers (Frame Analysis plus some concrete design modules and Padds). This flexibility allows your to minimise your financial expense while still maintaining optimum work flow between team members.
Flexible Purchase and Rental Options
You can purchase PROKON modules or rent them on an annual basis:
- Annual rental: Programs expire after twelve months. During your rental term, you are eligible to free program updates and technical support. When you renew your annual rental again, you do not need to order the same modules again. The annual rental fee is typically equal to one third of the purchase price. This option provides the best flexibility in your license with minimal initial expense.
- Purchase: Permanent right to use the software. Free program updates and technical support (collectively referred to as software maintenance) is available for a period of one year. You purchase an upgrade at any time and extend the software maintenance again by another year. The upgrade fee is typically set at 20% of the prevailing price multiplied by the number of years since purchase or last upgrade. For best value, enter into a maintenance agreement -- continuous software maintenance at a preferential annual upgrade fee of 15%.
Each set of programs ordered has a number of workstations allocated to it. The number of workstations represents the number of computers that can simultaneously access the set of programs. One workstation, for example, can be used on one computer at a time. It can also be installed on a network server and accessed by a single user at a time. Similarly, two workstations can be used on two stand-alone computers, or on a network server and accessed by up to two users at a time.
When ordering multiple workstations, the second and following workstations may be eligible for a discount. With the exception of Padds, additional workstations cost only 40% of the normal price (i.e. a discount of 60%).
Note: Different pricing structures apply to Prodesk Suite, Probar 2D (formerly AutoPadds), Pronet and products supplied by Autodesk. Refer to the relevant product pages for more information.
Minimum system requirements:
- PC with 1GB or 2GB RAM (depending on the version of Windows) and 1,024 x 768 SVGA display.
- DVD-ROM drive (not required if installing from electronic download).
- Any version of Windows XP, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 (32-bit or 64-bit).
- PC with dual CPU cores, 4GB RAM or more.
- Nvidia Quaddro FX or equivalent graphics adaptor that supports OpenGL support and hardware acceleration.
- Windows 8.1 64-bit.
Sumo Structural Modeller and Frame Analysis are available in 32-bit and 64-bit versions. The 64-bit modules are able to access more system memory, allowing larger models and faster analysis. The rest of the PROKON suite is made up of 32-bit modules. More wide-spread support for 64-bit memory addressing is planned for future releases of PROKON.