Linking with the PROKON® concrete design modules
The design and detailing workflow would typically be is as follows:
- Build the model in Revit®.
- Use Prodesk to transfer the model to Sumo or Frame Analysis.
- Make any needed modifications to the structural model, e.g. enter loads if you have not done so in the Revit® model.
- Perform the frame analysis to determine the design forces.
- Use the Design Links function to generate design input for concrete bases and columns.
- Perform the necessary design checks and generate reinforcement.
- Use Prodesk to transfer the 3D reinforcement layout back to Revit® model.
This procedure can be used to reinforce groups of bases or columns (that are similar in function and dimension) at the same time.
Note: You can open bending schedules generated with the concrete design modules in AutoCAD® using the Probar 2D (formerly AutoPadds) extension. Probar 2D extends AutoCAD® and turns it into a full-featured 2D reinforcement detailing package.